• 33(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
My 3d branch is now merged. It'd be interesting to see some pull requests for other features.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I will add JSON and builtins support for the stereomodes etc - already started with it but got stuck. Might take a couple days/weeks though until I have time for it again. Will also add settings descriptions (language labels) if nobody beats me on those.
Awesome!
I'll prepare a PR to add generic DX hardware based stereoscopic rendering.
@elupus,

I have a couple issue with the lastest version:
1. In TAB and SBS mode I see UI at top (right) side of screen only, but movie shows correctly.
2. Adjusting refresh rate to match video works incorrect. For 24p movie refresh rate adjusted to 59.96p mode, and for the 50i movie adjust to 60p.

Edit: Tested on windows.
@elupus

Top of tree code on Pi doesn't play videos correctly (as reported on the PR).

When playing in SBS mode, you only see the left half of image.
I've checked in (GPU) debugger and video plane is correct, but GL plane contains left half of screen as transparent and right half of screen as opaque/black.
(this is with nothing visible, so should all be opaque).
No UI is visible on the screen when bringing up the OSD.

When playing in TAB mode, you only see the bottom half of screen.
I've checked in (GPU) debugger and video plane is correct, but GL plane contains bottom half of screen as transparent and top half of screen as opaque/black.
(this is with nothing visible, so should all be opaque).
The UI is rendered correctly on bottom half of screen when bringing up the OSD.

When not playing a video, the UI is correctly rendered in both SBS and TAB modes.

Any suggestions? 3D is pretty broken currently.
So this is already available in the nightlies. Is it also usable on Mac OS X or is it Windows only?

AFAIK there's no way to get a frame packed signal out of any Mac at this time (to the lack of HDMI 1.4a).
I have a JVC 3D projector and i set the 3D-mode always manually.

Is there some way to trigger this behavior (SBS GUI rendering) manually or is it scriptable (Applescript)?
You can use this on all platforms which run XBMC. And you can manually set gui rendering to SBS or over under or whatever you need.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, Memphiz!
Where do i set it? I haven't found a setting anywhere...
You will probably have to set the new "settings level" (in the left sidebar) to expert. Or at least something high :-P
Thanks again. Found it.
But is there already a way to switch it on the fly? For example set a keyboard shortcut to switch the mode to SBS?

Is there a function to call?
use actions ToggleStereoMode and StereoMode for this.

as example you may add into keyboard.xml the following lines
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
       <s mod="shift">StereoMode</s>
       <t mod="shift">ToggleStereoMode</t>
    </keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
That's what i was looking for.

Thanks to all of you who have made this finally possible!
(2013-08-06, 13:35)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Is there some way to trigger this behavior (SBS GUI rendering) manually or is it scriptable (Applescript)?

First rename your movie files to include 3d tags like 3D.SBS or 3D.OU. The flags supported are:

m_stereoscopicflags_sbs = "3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS";
m_stereoscopicflags_tab = "3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB";

You can also define your own flags in advancedsettings.xml file.

Another option is to specify the 3D mode in the mkv header itself.

Then in xbmc system > settings > video output > set preferred stereoscopic mode to sbs or ou or same as movie.

In settings > video> playback > playback mode of stereoscopic files > preferred mode.

Now when you click a 3d file the gui will automatically switch to 3d mode.
What he said Smile No need for a manual switch. Afaik 3D detection should also work for some mkv even if they don't have correct headers or a keyword in filename.
A lot of this is above my head, so I'm not sure what to add to the wiki (advancedsettings.xml (wiki), etc, as well as a general 3D support page). If anyone wants to give it a shot and needs help with the wiki or formatting, give me a poke. Or if anyone has a summary of what needs to be added and to what, like the as.xml stuff, poke me with that and I'll try to add it myself. Lots of good info here, and I don't want to get behind on documenting it.

Great work on this, by the way. I know I knock 3D movies a lot on the forum, but being able to support this stuff really is nice to have and a great achievement.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11