RaspBMC not responding to UPnP SSDP packets
I have a Windows laptop with XBMC installed, and a Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC, which is intended to act as a server. They are on the same LAN, and the laptop can communicate with the RPi via ssh, sftp, and web interface with no problems. However, the RPi doesn't appear in the laptop's list of available shares under UPnP unless the RPi is restarted while XBMC is running.

Some analysis with Wireshark on the laptop shows that the laptop is behaving as expected - sending out M-SEARCH and NOTIFY packets at regular intervals over SSDP to 239.255.255.250 (which I believe to be the multicast address). However, not only is the RPi not responding to these packets with unicast packets (as Wikipedia suggests it should), but it is also not sending out any SSDP packets, except on boot.

Is there some "sleep" functionality in RaspBMC that I can turn off? Or is this symptomatic of some deeper problem? There are no port blocking rules active on my router.

I'm very new to Wireshark and network analysis in general, but I'd really appreciate any guidance or advice that you can give.

EDIT: The Wireshark filter that I used was "(udp.dstport == 1900 or ip.addr == 192.168.0.18) and !(ip.src == 192.168.0.1)", where 192.168.0.18 is my RPi's address - I believe this to be correct, but, as I said, I'm very new to Wireshark - please correct me if I have erred! In particular, I have assumed that the RPi's multicast response to M-SEARCH would have ip.src = 192.168.0.18, but I'm not certain of that (it could conceivably be 192.168.0.1 or 239.255.255.250)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC not responding to UPnP SSDP packets0