Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......
I noticed a lot of users encountered playback issues when using Frodo Beta 2. I decided to test drive Frodo Beta 2 on my Intel i3 iGPU and AMD HD5570 discrete GPU today. It can playback blu-ray 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio fluently on both PC's. I tried blu-ray disc, blu-ray ISO, blu-ray M2TS and some other lower video/audio files. I did not encounter a single hitch.....Nod

With proper configurations, it works as advertised. My home theater is connected in this order "HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables", and the audio settings for both GPU's are shown in the screen shots below...

Other settings- Audio exclusive mode is selected in Windows HDMI output properties and CEC is enabled in AVR. CEC is enabled so that audio from LED HDTV can be heard through AVR, and AVR can be controlled by LED HDTV Netflix remote controller. For video; DXVA2 is enabled and Auto detect render method is selected for AMD GPU in XBMC, and DXVA2 is disabled and Software render method is selected for Intel iGPU in XBMC......

When my HTPC is connected directly to HDTV via HDMI cable, the audio settings are shown in the screen shot below-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Mmm
I have a very hard problem to crack
Running win7 and frodo beta 3
Windows settings for ae are all set correctly
Video settings in ati control panel all set up correctly
Video and audio settings in xbmc are set correctly using wasapi
But then it comes
Playing some movies, i tested 10 movies, some which have heavy parts like transformers 3 opening scene, and lots more, all play without slightest hickup in full hd and hd audio..

Then i have 2 concerts also in bluray format namely, u2 live at rose bowl and adele live at royal albert hall
As soon as it starts, it hicks... I dunno why..
And why dont i have this with some other movies
However
If i test it with the same machine, without xbmc but with powerdvd , it plays just fine
When i play it with different machine, win 7 and frodo beta 3 also (nvidia) , all plays fine again

I dunno where to look
Settings are just right...
Have you try to select speaker configuration in Frodo to 7.1? I noticed when playback 5.1 audio codec in the 2.1 system it stuttering/choppy like crazy, but it playback very smooth when I set it to 7.1 in Frodo. The AVR seem to decode and process it correctly with the 7.1 speaker configuration.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks so much fixed my problem!!!!!
It helps me too, many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......0