• 16(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2014-01-21, 01:20)brunoc Wrote: Just installed this add-on via XBMC.org add-ons and then proceeded to activate it.
Instructions on how to activate (on the 1st page) mention "System->Skin->Addon Shortcuts->Enable Lyrics Add-on in Music OSD", however i have no "Skin" option under "System".
I'm running two XBMC instances (on different computers - Debian on Frodo 12.3 and Ubuntu also on Frodo 12.3) and neither of them has "System->Skin".

On both XBMC instances, under "System" exists: Appearance, Video, Live TV, Music, Pictures, Weather, Add-ons (from where i installed this add-on), Services and System.
I've checked every single option under all those submenu entries and there's no submenu named "Skin" or any option about enabling Lyrics Add-on.

This is driving me a bit crazy and i've read through every single post on this 23 page thread and no one else seems to have this problem.

I must be going mad but what am i missing here?

Cheers.

thx, first post is indeed bit outdated. here's how to get to the settings:

System > Appearance > Skin > -Settings > Addon Shortcuts > Enable Lyrics Add-on in Music OSD
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ah yes. Found it.
Now running Lyrics 1.0.7 on XBMC 12.3 without issues so far.
Very good stuff.

Thanks Ronie.

Cheers.
I need a little guidance getting this script to run. I'm using a remote and I am able to open captions for movies by using the "t" button on my remote. Currently I am able to get the lyrics window to open during the Visualization by bringing up the Music OSD and selecting the lyrics button. I am trying to assign this window to a key the "t" key as well. I've tried editing the keyboard.xml file and adding the following under the Visualization section

<t>XBMC.RunScript(C:\PortableApps\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.cu.lrclyrics\default.py)</t>

For some reason when the visualization is fullscreen and I press "t", I get "Error Script failed! script cu.lrclyrics". So I have 2 questions: is the OSD lyrics button doing something different than opening default.py, and how can I make the lyrics window open by assigning it to "t"? I would like to be able to use the same key when I'm activating the captions during video or the lyrics during music.
try:
<t>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</t>

if you get an error, please post a Debug Log.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-01-29, 12:17)ronie Wrote: try:
<t>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</t>

if you get an error, please post a Debug Log.

That did it, thanks for your help!
Hey, I'm getting a script failed for a couple of weeks now, what should I do?
Running Gotham beta1 with aeon mq5.
Thanks
Hey, I wanted to know if i can add another site to use as a scrapper for lrc
www.565656.com
Thanks
(2014-03-07, 18:12)gboystance Wrote: Hey, I wanted to know if i can add another site to use as a scrapper for lrc
www.565656.com
Thanks

yeah, sure, additions are always welcome. so feel free to write a scaper for it.
the source code for cu lyrics is available here: https://github.com/ronie/script.cu.lrclyrics
if you know your way around github, you can submit your changes as a pull request there.
(2014-03-07, 21:35)ronie Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 18:12)gboystance Wrote: Hey, I wanted to know if i can add another site to use as a scrapper for lrc
www.565656.com
Thanks

yeah, sure, additions are always welcome. so feel free to write a scaper for it.
the source code for cu lyrics is available here: https://github.com/ronie/script.cu.lrclyrics
if you know your way around github, you can submit your changes as a pull request there.

Huh
Honestly, I have no clue where to begin
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I am using the 'CU LRC Lyrics' addon within the Aeon MQ5 skin.

I have noticed recently that while some audio/mp3 song are playing, the correct lyrics are being loaded but for some reason do not start to scroll once the vocals start.

They are presented on screen correctly, but remain fixed/static on the screen.

On this particular album I am listening to, it works correctly on the next track. Loads and then scrolls as vocals start.

Any advice appreciated.

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

I was unable to copy my xbmc folder for backup purposes, and traced the issue to a lyric folder that ended with a period. Windows doesn't like that, and it took quite a bit of effort to delete that folder - it's far from as simple as highlighting and deleting it, because that doesn't work. I suggest a prohibition on creating folders that end with a period. Thanks, and love this add-on!
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
@litfo: that usually happens when the only lyrics found were just a plain .txt text files. Some will be .lrc sync lyrics (if available) others just plain text. You can check your lyrics download folder and see what type of file you have for the song which doesn't scroll. Hope this helps.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-03-10, 16:21)curtis-r Wrote: I was unable to copy my xbmc folder for backup purposes, and traced the issue to a lyric folder that ended with a period. Windows doesn't like that, and it took quite a bit of effort to delete that folder - it's far from as simple as highlighting and deleting it, because that doesn't work. I suggest a prohibition on creating folders that end with a period. Thanks, and love this add-on!

thx, got it!
will fix that.
(2014-03-10, 16:29)capfuturo Wrote: @litfo: that usually happens when the only lyrics found were just a plain .txt text files. Some will be .lrc sync lyrics (if available) others just plain text. You can check your lyrics download folder and see what type of file you have for the song which doesn't scroll. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this capfuturo

Apologies for my ignorance, but where should I be looking for this 'download' folder please?

Also, can you enlighten me as to how this addon actually works? will it only fetch/download lyrics when I play a song and that in itself engages the download?

and how could/would I enable it to always pull down .lrc sync lyrics as opposed to just plain text?

My example I mentioned was for 'Plainsong' by 'The Cure'

Thanks again,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

(2014-03-11, 00:20)litfoo Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 16:29)capfuturo Wrote: @litfo: that usually happens when the only lyrics found were just a plain .txt text files. Some will be .lrc sync lyrics (if available) others just plain text. You can check your lyrics download folder and see what type of file you have for the song which doesn't scroll. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this capfuturo

Apologies for my ignorance, but where should I be looking for this 'download' folder please?

Also, can you enlighten me as to how this addon actually works? will it only fetch/download lyrics when I play a song and that in itself engages the download?

and how could/would I enable it to always pull down .lrc sync lyrics as opposed to just plain text?

My example I mentioned was for 'Plainsong' by 'The Cure'

Thanks again,

litfoo
You will find how to set up your Lyrics folder under 'Options' menu in the Configuration pane of CU LRC Lyrics (system settings). There you can choose to have a Lyric folder containing all the Lyrics, or a Lyrics folder per each album, etc..

CU LRC Lyrics is already preset to fetch online LRC sync lyrics if they are available, otherwise whatever it finds. The best thing you can do is to name your tracks accordingly so the titles match as much as possible; under 'Options' you have a way to specify to search via filename and you can define the corresponding format you use as your naming convention. Matching songs and lyrics is never a perfect process, however this add-on does a pretty good job retrieving most of the lyrics, and Ronie has improved it down the line.

The add-on searches for the Lyric as soon as XBMC starts playing and presents it on display or downloads it to the Lyric folder, so next time it plays the song it will read it from the folder, thus avoiding duplicity of online queries. Whilst you are playing a song and the Lyric has been displayed, the add-on is already fetching the lyric for the next track in line, which indeed is a very smart thing to do, so it will be ready for you if you decide to go forward to the next song.

If there are certain lyrics out of sync in your folder, with respect to the audio, you can always adjust the delay of each line with dedicated software such as MiniLyrics, which let you create new LRC Lyrics and even upload them to their viewlyrics.com site which is one of the free online databases the add-on supports via MiniLyrics.

Hope that clarifies a bit and makes way for your first steps into this add-on. Get back here if you have more sensible questions and anybody will certainly give you a hand. Enjoy CU LRC Lyrics!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1