• 20(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
@ronie: I can see by looking at the current code (below) that it doesn't consider the scenario in which the file names contain the form %N %A - %T (Track Artist - Title.ext), e.g. '05 Marillion - Montréal.flac' . I just finished retagging my whole music library with Musicbrainz Picard to have this naming convention, which is available in XBMC, and to my surprise I am unable to get .lrc lyrics online, download them and saved them locally.

Would you be so kind Ronie to include this form, so the .lrc lyrics could be found again online? Thank you!

From utilities.py:
Code:
def get_artist_from_filename(filename):
    try:
        artist = ''
        title = ''
        basename = os.path.basename( filename )
       # Artist - title.ext
        if ( __addon__.getSetting( "read_filename_format" ) == "0" ):
            artist = basename.split( "-", 1 )[ 0 ].strip()
            title = os.path.splitext( basename.split( "-", 1 )[ 1 ].strip() )[ 0 ]
        # Artist/Album/title.ext or Artist/Album/Track title.ext
        elif ( __addon__.getSetting( "read_filename_format" ) in ( "1", "2", ) ):
            artist = os.path.basename( os.path.split( os.path.split( filename )[ 0 ] )[ 0 ] )
            # Artist/Album/title.ext
            if ( __addon__.getSetting( "read_filename_format" ) == "1" ):
                title = os.path.splitext( basename )[ 0 ]
            # Artist/Album/Track title.ext
            elif ( __addon__.getSetting( "read_filename_format" ) == "2" ):
                title = os.path.splitext( basename )[ 0 ].split( " ", 1 )[ 1 ]

Obs. if form %A\%B\%N %T is selected in configuration pane:
1) Somehow the script manages to find the lyrics in the form 'Track Artist - Title.ext' inside the 'Lyrics' folder and displays them, however it can't find any new online .lrc lyrics as explained above.
2) Only .txt lyrics are found online, downloaded and saved as 'Track Artist - Title.txt'.

Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-06-10, 18:37)woodside Wrote: TTPlayer scraper is always returning lrc files with the content...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result errmsg="Search ID or Code error!" errcode="32006"></result>

This results in a blank lyrics window for most lyrics it presents and I have to go to the lyrics folder and delete the file and disable TTPlayer because it will always keep showing a blank lyrics window because it keeps returning the same lrc file with the error. None of the other scrapers do this...any suggestions?

Hi woodside,

This happens as well with other online DB for Lyrics. My recommendation is to just keep TTPlayer Scraper deactivated. The reasons for this issue could be several, however my guess is this happens due to changes on TTPlayer DB that aren't supported/updated anymore in CU LRC Lyrics add-on.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Question 
Hello everyone.
maybe you can help me.
after I read the 20 pages of the forum are not yet able to run the lyrics of the songs. I tried to manually install the add-on "CU LRC Lyrics" but even if it is active, pressing the button on the mp3 or nothing happens at most shows "Text not found"
it's just a compatibility issue with 13.1 Gotham?
thanks!!!
sorry for my english
nvm
(2014-06-10, 18:37)woodside Wrote: TTPlayer scraper is always returning lrc files with the content...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result errmsg="Search ID or Code error!" errcode="32006"></result>

This results in a blank lyrics window for most lyrics it presents and I have to go to the lyrics folder and delete the file and disable TTPlayer because it will always keep showing a blank lyrics window because it keeps returning the same lrc file with the error. None of the other scrapers do this...any suggestions?

is this still an issue?

i just tested the TTPlayer scraper and it is working ok for me.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-06-25, 01:03)capfuturo Wrote: @ronie: I can see by looking at the current code (below) that it doesn't consider the scenario in which the file names contain the form %N %A - %T (Track Artist - Title.ext), e.g. '05 Marillion - Montréal.flac' . I just finished retagging my whole music library with Musicbrainz Picard to have this naming convention, which is available in XBMC, and to my surprise I am unable to get .lrc lyrics online, download them and saved them locally.

Would you be so kind Ronie to include this form, so the .lrc lyrics could be found again online? Thank you!

sure, i'll add this.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-06-11, 02:25)htpcero Wrote: This is a nice plugin and I use it all the time. Running as a service is a great improvement.

I found a major issue with handling song lyrics with accented characters (portuguese) and I am not sure where to report it.

The add on consistently crashes when the song loads and will not start working again until I restart XBMC. This is with XBMC running on Linux.

Full error stack here: http://pastebin.com/q8c6SqSX
Excerpt below.

This is with the following song:

Band: Legião Urbana
Song: Geração Coca-cola

The song is in a single-file Flac album (+cuesheet) and doesn't have embedded lyrics.

The add-on has all the default settings and the lyrics is being downloaded by one of the scrapers.

Hoping this is the right place to report this.

20:06:44 T:139848808969984 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 10: invalid continuation byte
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/default.py", line 40, in <module>
culrc_run('service')

the crash happens in the lyrdb scraper.
since the lyrdb website is currently offline, i can't troubleshoot the issue right now.

feel free to remind me about it later on, in case i forget.
Hi,

I installed 2.0.9 version of the cu lrc lyrics addon on Openelec 4.0.6 XBMC GOTHAM.

I get an error on each script startup with this log error :

==> No module named chardet

I can't find a way to install this module, chardet module doesn't exist on gotham (last version exists on frodo).

What do I forget to do ?

Kind regards
just install the frodo version, it's compatible with gotham as well.
Thanks for the advice.

I managed to make it work by :

* Installing the missing chardet lib : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* Adding the path to the lib in the .py file (strange ?)

** ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/resources/lib/utilities.py

**** import sys
**** sys.path.append ("/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.chardet")

It's working but I'm still thinking that my sys.path.append is really strange.
(2014-07-06, 14:18)goldmojo Wrote: Thanks for the advice.

I managed to make it work by :

* Installing the missing chardet lib : http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/addon...le.chardet

* Adding the path to the lib in the .py file (strange ?)

** ~/.xbmc/addons/script.cu.lrclyrics/resources/lib/utilities.py

**** import sys
**** sys.path.append ("/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.chardet")

It's working but I'm still thinking that my sys.path.append is really strange.

you should get your addons from the offical xbmc mirrors:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/

i'm sorry but i can't provide support to people who get their stuff elsewhere.
OK, I just googled the missing library, my fault !

I got the frodo version on the official repository for now.

Why do I still need to use explicitly sys.path.append ("/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.chardet") ?

It's still strange to me.
for me "airplay" isnt working with CU LRC Lyrics enabled. if i disable CU LRC Lyrics airplay is working fine (gotham 13.1, win 8 x64). is there something i can do or is this a bug?
(2014-07-23, 15:57)Ed76 Wrote: for me "airplay" isnt working with CU LRC Lyrics enabled. if i disable CU LRC Lyrics airplay is working fine (gotham 13.1, win 8 x64). is there something i can do or is this a bug?

try disabling these options in the addon settings:
- search for embedded lyrics
- search for local lyrics files
(2014-07-06, 14:39)goldmojo Wrote: OK, I just googled the missing library, my fault !

I got the frodo version on the official repository for now.

Why do I still need to use explicitly sys.path.append ("/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.chardet") ?

It's still strange to me.

I think the folder structure of the module "script.module.chardet" is wrong.
"Chardet" folder should be in the "Lib" folder, which is missing in the module.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1