XBMC meets VDR UI
(2013-01-25, 16:45)FernetMenta Wrote: Marx1, I don't know, What version of vdr do you want to use?

In a free time I will write in VDR newsgroup because I didn't saw anything there about it. I'm sure there will be much more people interested in this set of plugins.
1.7.28 should work. I not, I have to fix it because vdr version in Ubuntu ppa is 1.7.22
@wsnipex, i would be interested in a VDR UI package.
sure that would be nice =)
(2013-01-26, 13:45)FernetMenta Wrote: 1.7.28 should work. I not, I have to fix it because vdr version in Ubuntu ppa is 1.7.22
1.7.22 is ok. I'm testing it with 1.7.22 and 1.7.27
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Once I have the gui changes into mainline you won't need a separate package. I hope this won't take too long.
@wsnipex I see you removed the vnsi plugin from your ppa. Is that temporary or permanent
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
great idea!!
(2013-01-26, 20:49)charlie0440 Wrote: @wsnipex I see you removed the vnsi plugin from your ppa. Is that temporary or permanent

Its not removed, it just moved into the xbmc-pvr-addons meta package.
Do you plan to implement OpenGLES to use it
on the Raspberry Pi?
It should be straightforward to do so. I have a Pi but haven't had any time to set up a development environment for it.
How hard would it be to make an implementation where the standard OSD for VDR is in use all the time for live TV? I find the VDRs binding of keys to functions much better than XBMCs. It would be handy if it was possible to just make use of XBMCs excellent technical media playback support while retaining VDRs OSD. Maybe a special key could be used to toggle between VDR-OSD-only mode and vanilla XBMC?
In principle possible but would require quite a couple of changes. I don't think this is the way to go. We just have released the first version of XBMC with PVR support. It makes more sense investing effort in improving XBMC PVR rather than in work arounds.
(2013-01-29, 09:17)FernetMenta Wrote: It should be straightforward to do so. I have a Pi but haven't had any time to set up a development environment for it.

Hi,
Do I just need to compile the vnsi addon and vdr plugin to get this running on the pi or do I also need
XBMC compiled ?
I recently wrote a howto on using VDR within raspbmc and of course it would be nice to the OSD stuff included :-)

Regards,

Rainer
You would need XBMC with the new guiaddonlib as well. But I haven't implemented redering for GLES yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC meets VDR UI1