XBMC meets VDR UI
(2013-02-16, 15:29)FernetMenta Wrote: You would need XBMC with the new guiaddonlib as well. But I haven't implemented redering for GLES yet.

Hi,
thanks for the info. Once ready, announcement will be here ?
Regards,

Rainer

P.S. Nice addon, works pretty good on the raspberry with raspbmc !
I have implemented GLES in vnsi4.
hi,
apologies for dredging up an old thread but i'm trying to setup vdr,im in the osd, i've navigated to the satellite i want to scan but i can't for the life of me figure out how to select on of the coloured buttons.

i copied the following in to wordpad and then saved that in the keymaps folder

<Addon>
<keyboard>
<r>Red</r>
<b>Blue</b>
<g>Green</g>
<y>Yellow</y>
</keyboard>
</Addon>

but what combinations of keys do i actually need to use?
apologies if this a dumb question but i'm pulling my hair out and my wife wants here live tv back after i managed to f#$k it up

cheers in advance
Please be more precise in what you have done:

Quote:i copied the following in to wordpad and then saved that in the keymaps folder

saved it under what name, etc?

Quote:but what combinations of keys do i actually need to use?

see vdr documentation
(2014-11-24, 09:29)FernetMenta Wrote: Please be more precise in what you have done:

Quote:i copied the following in to wordpad and then saved that in the keymaps folder

saved it under what name, etc?

Quote:but what combinations of keys do i actually need to use?

see vdr documentation

i copied it from the code you wrote on page 2,pasted it into wordpad and saved it as keyboard.xml in /userdata/keymaps folder

<r>Red</r> if i want to select the red option does this mean i simply press R or /R or some other combination?

i've been reading all night and maybe i can't see the wood for the trees-in case you hadn't guessed i'm a computer novice!

cheers
ok,

i got that figured, i had to edit the whole keymap file which i found here
/usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/

now i need to figure out why it didn't find any channels when it scanned.....
It's not point of this thread. Before scanning you need to configure vdr properly.
that's what i'm trying to do

imagine a ship without a rudder,

thats me at the moment! Smile

any chance you can point me in the direction of the rudder?

thanks in advance
What have you done so far? I would use w_scan to create initial channels.conf, then whitelist desired providers in vnsi client specific setup. vdr will continuously scan for new and changed channels by itself.
i'm using openelec
i've enabled vdr vnsi in pvr clients
iv'e enabled vdr in services
iv'e enabled live tv
live tv starts and offers me a heap of german and english channels-i'm in nz
i navigate to live tv/settings/client specific settings-osd shows,scroll down to channel scan,select optus d1 160E,hit R,scan happens,no channels found
i connected via putty to openelec box and here my searches for the correct command ran out
what exactly do you w-scan for when in nz?

thanks for your time
martin
You should have given this info with the first post. So you are talking about this outdated wirbelscan plugin that OE package. wirbelscan is a vdr plugin which is not maintained anymore.
I would use w_scan, a command line tool, which should also be available for OE via addon manager.
hi FM

thanks for your patience i appreciate it

i've been trying top resolve this since coming home from work,i'm really trying to solve it without asking any more questions but the rudders fallen off again

i stop vdr in services
restart openelec
open putty from a windows machine

delete the original channels.conf

run the following

w_scan -fs -s S160E0 >> \\openelec\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.vdr-addon\config\channels.conf

allsorts of positive looking magic stuff happens for a couple of minutes

no channels.conf is created!

iv'e tried creating it in a couple of other places so i can drag and drop but still no file created

restart vdr

channels.conf file pops up

same default european channels are there with nothing new

i'm sure there is something simple i must be missing but uncle google is hiding the answer from me(or more likely i'm searching the wrong stuff)

cheers
martin
I pinged a Open Elec dev if he could chime in here. I don't use OE myself and don't know much about it.

Quote:w_scan -fs -s S160E0 >> \\openelec\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.vdr-addon\config\channels.conf

backslashes look weird on a Linux system
">>" is for appending to an existing file. Why don't you try to create a new channels.conf somewhere else and copy it over later?
(2014-11-24, 20:39)FernetMenta Wrote: You should have given this info with the first post. So you are talking about this outdated wirbelscan plugin that OE package. wirbelscan is a vdr plugin which is not maintained anymore.
I would use w_scan, a command line tool, which should also be available for OE via addon manager.

huh there is "newer" wirbelscan? btw vnsi + wirbelscan works better for me on S39E0 than w_scan. w_scan fails to find lot of channels here Wink

(2014-11-25, 10:17)deedledeedle Wrote: hi FM

thanks for your patience i appreciate it

i've been trying top resolve this since coming home from work,i'm really trying to solve it without asking any more questions but the rudders fallen off again

i stop vdr in services
restart openelec
open putty from a windows machine

delete the original channels.conf

run the following

w_scan -fs -s S160E0 >> \\openelec\Userdata\addon_data\service.multimedia.vdr-addon\config\channels.conf

allsorts of positive looking magic stuff happens for a couple of minutes

no channels.conf is created!

iv'e tried creating it in a couple of other places so i can drag and drop but still no file created

restart vdr

channels.conf file pops up

same default european channels are there with nothing new

i'm sure there is something simple i must be missing but uncle google is hiding the answer from me(or more likely i'm searching the wrong stuff)

cheers
martin

here is how to use w_scan in openelec:

1. install w_scan from OE unofficial repo (http://unofficial.addon.pro). must reboot after installation if not on OE5beta
2. log in to OE via ssh
3. systemctl stop service.multimedia.vdr-addon
4. w_scan -fs -s S160E0 > /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf (use /storage/.kodi/ if you are using OE5 beta)
5. wait. wait..
6. systemctl start service.multimedia.vdr-addon
7. in xbmc, go settings -> live tv -> general -> reset pvr database. this will fail miserably on OE5 beta due to (known) kodi bug - you may have to re-enable livetv and re-enable vnsi pvr client again.

thats it. good luck Wink
@stefansaraev thanks! btw: would oyu have a ling to up-to-date wirbelscan?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC meets VDR UI1