Now Playing Button on Home Screen
Sorry if there is an answer out there - I've done some searching but can not find an answer

To make it easier to use for other people in the household I would like a button on the home screen that goes back to whatever is currently playing, in full screen, giving the same action as the tab button does.

It is easy enough to add a new tab with this skin called 'now playing' but this is where I get stuck. To link the tab to an action I have to select a favourite.

I thought about creating my own favourite via XML and grabbed a few bits and pieces from the wiki on favourites and keyboard actions, but I don't know how to add the 'FullScreen' command or even if it is possible.

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Now Playing" thumb="http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/videos/120x90/52447.jpg">PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.video.howstuffworks_com/?url=52447&mode=playVideo")</favourite>
</favourites>

FullScreen

ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)

WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_VIDEO

VideoFullScreen.xml

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree with this?

Failing this when a video is playing and I end up back at the home screen if I mouse click on the video in back ground it takes me to the full screen but I can not find a way to invoke this by just using the up / down / left / right on the remote. Is there a way to make the video a selectable screen and then press enter to switch back to full screen? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
this works fine:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Whatever" thumb="someicon.jpg">fullscreen</favourite>
</favourites>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you it works flawlessly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now Playing Button on Home Screen0