Fanart fade on/off?
I can't seem to find a toggle for background fanart fade. I would like to be able to disable the fade between two items in the library. Or maybe just make the fade time slower. Right now i feel the fading slows down browsing. And i am running on an ssd, so it should be fast enough
There is no toggle for this. How are you sure this is the cause of the sluggish browsing you're seeing? There is a lot more than just the fade happening when you change items.
You got me there, I don't know what causes it, but to my "user" eye it seems to be the fade that causes it. If I disable backound fanart everything is fast enough.
Would it be a problem to make an fade on/of switch in a later update?
No, but only if that's actually what's causing your issue. I suspect it might just the load operation itself and not the fade, but it's easy enough to test yourself. Try commenting out (or removing, but backup the file first obviously) these three lines in MyVideoNav.xml:

Code:
<include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
<include>Animation_FadedByMenu</include>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>

It's near the top just under the GlobalBackground include.
I will test it tomorrow Smile
Here are my findings.

I am beginning to suspect that it is very subjective. if i press a button down and the animation is "too slow" i feel that my setup is slow. other people might not have this issue. so maybe a fade adjust button would be a good idea in the settings menu.

I tried adjusting the fadetime in myvideonav.xml (3 instances?) down to 50 instead of 400. Not surprisingly the fade occurs faster, and it helps a lot.

I tried doing the same in Mymusicnav.xml, but the fade is still slow, anywhere else i can change this setting to work for music?
I will play with the fade times a bit and get back with you. I thought that might be the issue and I think I'd like to decrease it myself, too.

Kind of a busy weekend though so give me a bit.
No problem Smile
Reduced the fanart fade time to 200. Note that this change is only for the frodo version.
Better than the 400 ms, but I think I might keep it at 50. But as I earlier said it is down to personal preference.

Maybe a very slow/slow/normal/fast/very fast setting?
If more people complain about it I'll consider adding a setting for it. There are so many settings as it is that we need to be picky about what's added. Currently you're the only one to have complained about this.
Quite all right. I totally get your point.
Probably just because I am more of a "settings" guy than an "xml editor guy". Smile
And you shouldn't have to. I just want to wait and see if more people chime in first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart fade on/off?0