Hdhomerun prime?
Thinking of switching from media center and my movies.

Does live and recorded tv work with hdhomerun prime? Also does DRM content play and record?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Only WMC is capable of playing and recording DRM copy-once flagged channels.
What about other HD channels that do not have the copy once restriction. Does xbmc have cablecard support? I'm thinking about Disney and history channels in HD. I know most cable channels do not have the copy once restrictions

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
There are members whom are running MythTV backend with HD homerun or Ceton cablecards + XBMC frontend. I'd suggest poking around in the PVR section of the forums, specifically MythTV.

Keep in mind that XBMC is a frontend client, it still requires a backend to actually interface with the hardware and signal to feed it to XBMC.
really thinking about going the prime route for my dvr setup but I just spoke with Time warner (my cable provider whom I hate from the depth of my soul) and was told that they do not have information pertaining to what channels are copy freely and copy once I am specifically looking for answers reguarding channels like ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and the history channel as well as H2. Does anyone know the status of these channels or where I could start digging for information? Thanks.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
@Hudson_Hawk04: as a former cable company telephone worker (answered calls like what you called them about) I can tell you they do not have any idea or have any idea of who does. As full disclosure, I did not work for Time Warner but I assume they are basically the same.
@oneadvent so basically its a shot in the dark?
(2012-12-06, 21:09)justinm001 Wrote: What about other HD channels that do not have the copy once restriction. Does xbmc have cablecard support? I'm thinking about Disney and history channels in HD. I know most cable channels do not have the copy once restrictions
NextPVR and it's addon support the HDHR Prime, and will let you view all the copy-freely channels.

(2012-12-27, 16:33)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: @oneadvent so basically its a shot in the dark?

It's worse than that even - the policy isn't company-wide, it's done at the local franchise level. And I'd be willing to bet there are maybe 5 people at each franchise who have any idea which ones are flagged and which ones aren't, and your chances of getting to talk to any of them are next to zero. You can check over at the DBS forums - they used to post member-provided lists of local areas, but there are so many you may not find yours.

Unless you are using WMC, CableCard is a total crapshoot - by design. It can be done, depending on your area, but be prepared to be frustrated, a lot.
(2012-12-31, 00:57)ixian Wrote:
(2012-12-27, 16:33)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: @oneadvent so basically its a shot in the dark?

It's worse than that even - the policy isn't company-wide, it's done at the local franchise level. And I'd be willing to bet there are maybe 5 people at each franchise who have any idea which ones are flagged and which ones aren't, and your chances of getting to talk to any of them are next to zero. You can check over at the DBS forums - they used to post member-provided lists of local areas, but there are so many you may not find yours.

Unless you are using WMC, CableCard is a total crapshoot - by design. It can be done, depending on your area, but be prepared to be frustrated, a lot.

great....what are some of the forums I could or should check? Thanks for your reply.
@Hudson_Hawk04:
totally agree with ixian, your cable company is not your best bet for that information. They don't know and aren't telling if they did. Lost cause. Try whatever forums or just go balls to the walls and buy one and find out.

Sorry, but I couldn't find the info for MYSELF when I worked there. (I like XBMC more than what they provide.) I went up the ladder as far as I could, even trying to hit up friends that had been promoted to important positions. The information simply wasn't there.
thanks for the info, I will see what I can turn up, who knows I may just take the plunge when I have the money.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hdhomerun prime?0