Channel zap/switch time & default audio stream.
Question 
Hi all ... please note that I'm generally new to XBMC ... but pretty decent with software/hardware in general ...

I'll be building a new HTPC ... and was considering using it for live tv too ... I'm currently testing the software on my desktop pc (i5 quad, 8gb, ATI-6950 ... if relevant HTPC will not be as powerful!!) - and am using a Dreambox DM800 as my TV source.

I installed xbmc frodo b2, installed the vuplus addon from here ... it all worked first time - getting channel epg takes ages ... but i might try to disable that or something ...

The actual issue I'm having is channel zap time - best case scenario it takes 5s .... most of the times between 10 and 15s !? Is this normal? Hope not.

Any help guys? Should I wait for final release of frodo, and a better vuplus plugin (it does say it's not stable mind you!)?

Cheers all!

Edit: Any way of selecting the default audio stream globally?
Using Argus with my internal DVB-T tuner it takes 6.5sec to change a channel every time, but 10-15sec does seem a bit too long.
3 seconds with tvheadend ..
Do I have any other options for LiveTV with DM800 as source?
I restricted XBMC to the main bouquet I normally use ... zap time now between 4 and 6s ... still not like using the decoder natively ... but i guess i can live with that.

Something else - does anyone know how to set the default language? I mean globally so each channel goes to the selected audio stream if available.
Quote:Something else - does anyone know how to set the default language?

That's a gui setting. If not set to "original", language is taken into account when opening the streams (provided this info is available).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel zap/switch time & default audio stream.0