Case recommendations for HTPC/Gaming machine
ive got as far as an i5 processor and a £150-£200 graphics card, now im looking at cases.
Ideally, I want a horizontal case as opposed to the traditional PC tower case so it fits nicely in my cabinet.
Haven't really a budget as such, just want a really nice one that's well built and fairly quiet once i install quiet fans etc.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Silverstone and Lian-Li have nice HTPC case lines. That might be a good place to start.
Yeah I've just been looking at Silverstone SST-GD08B
Looks very nice.
I am a fan of Silverstone cases, have you also seen the GD04, GD05 and GD06 cases. All are microATX with great cooling and will take a full height GPU.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Thanks David, that's interesting. I'll have a look. Are they basically smaller versions of the one I mentioned?
How about this "LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C50B Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case"?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thats a very nice case and actually around the same size as the silverstone gd08. but i think ive decided on the silverstone Smile
My next quest is a graphics card. Again, not saying that money is no object but i would spend the money if i can get a card that both fits in the silverstone case, and is a powerful yet quiet card. Any recommendations on this would be great too.
Quite fancy the Geforce GTX 670

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Case recommendations for HTPC/Gaming machine0