XBMC Frodo 12.0 Beta 1 Acer Veriton
Have the no audio issues that were present in XBMCBuntu Eden be resolved ?
You might need to be more specific.
This is not twitter, the posts are not limited to 140 chars.

Many audio issues have been resolved/improved in Frodo, the whole audio engine is new and been written from ground up and continues to be improved on.

uNi
Ok, well specifically as I can get :

In XBMCLive, there was no HD audio issues what so ever, when I upgraded to XBMCBuntu - there was no HD-Audio.I tried multiple combinations of audio configurations from within XBMC settings, but none worked, so I have gone back to XBMCLive and HD Audio is working again. I have an Acer Veriton N282G, i would like to run the latest XBMC, but I dont want to go through the hassle again and find out the HD audio isnt working.

I will test tonight. I was just curious if anyone else has the same model Acer as me and running latest XBMC
This machine is a ION machine type right?

I dont use xbmcbuntu, but I am running a Minimal Linux install on a ION1 Which is similar machine. And baring in mind Im using HDMI and all audio works. Do understand that your machine DOES NOT do bitstreaming of DTS MA and TrueHD anyway so, and keeping this also in mind everything that can work does work.

Again your very vague when you say

demonfist Wrote:there was no HD-Audio.I tried multiple combinations of audio configurations from within XBMC settings, but none worked

Vague again both in what type of audio this (Saying HD is NOT ENOUGH) is and what settings your used or what you are using.

Please post screenshots and accurate descriptions if you want help.

And so that we are totally clear IIRC XBMClive did never suport HD audio of any type anyway.

uNi

I would just like to inform of my tests lastnight.

I performed a clean installation via usb, as opposed to upgrade my existing install. Went perfectly smooth, enabled option to download updates as required. Everything works beautifully, most importantly the HD sound works! I like how XBMC now recognises each HDMI device, e.g. HDMI ->GSM -LG TV.. Nice Smile

Im very very happy so far. I didnt have the time lastnight to go into ALL the settings and tweak.
The only problem i know have is getting the official xbmc remote (android) version to work 100%. I am able to remote control, but not all the useful buttons work.. maybe the app just needs to be updated to support this new release ?

Thank you XBMC team, keep up the excellent work.
PS: uNi - Thank you for your invaluable patience and support and appreciation that not everyone is as technically adept as your good self.

pps: i dont tweet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo 12.0 Beta 1 Acer Veriton0