Report-Button
Hi there,

hope this is in the right section.
However - recently I see more and more spam-posts popping up in the forums. Obviously - there is not a whole lot more than the usual methods to work against this.
The spam is also usually deleted relatively fast by the team, but here and there it slips through and stays in a thread for weeks. This can happen.

This is why the report-button exists afterall, so users can pinpoint spam to the forum-team.
However - the report-button isn't working for most of the time, it simply returns a Server Error after a long time of waiting. The actual "Report"-Dialog is popping up, but after entering a reason and submitting it, the server retorns the Error.

Just wanted to let you know!
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Yes, prior to becoming a moderator, I used to see that a lot when using the Report button. Sometimes it would work if I retried later (assuming the offending post hadn't been removed already in the meantime). Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Thanks for info, will check.
Problem still persists. I tried to report a post and after a long wait, I got greeted by

Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_wsgi/2.5 Python/2.5.2 Server at forum.xbmc.org Port 80

After a third attempt (and long wait), it did work.

FYI
Still getting the same.
Testing testing
It does seem to be acting funny. I tried it myself just now (since I never normally use it, having mod access) and it went through and triggered an e-mail to the moderators, but the window itself is still waiting for the server to respond.

EDIT: oh boy, it even sent two e-mails.
it works , stop it now please Smile
So... does it still send the email, even though the page doesn't refresh to say it's done so?
haven't figured yet why the window doesn't load after sending the report form Sad
just keep testing *ducking* Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-01-16, 16:09)ConfusedTA Wrote: So... does it still send the email, even though the page doesn't refresh to say it's done so?

Yes, but I don't know if closing the window early could stop the report from going through.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Report-Button0