Launch favorites command?
Hi guys,
i am using XBMC + Eventghost with qwerty remote.. it is awesome, there is just one last thing to make it just perfect - I would like to map numeric keys on my remote (1-9) to my favorites, is this possible ? You know, I have some playlist and radio stations in my favorites, and I would love to just press 1 on my remote and first favorite item start playing.. without have to even turn on TV and use arrow keys to find the one... In XBMC2 plugin for Eventghost there is no such action, is there anything I can do ?
Yes this is possible! It is indeed awesome to change radio stations with a click of a button without having to turn on tv or smartphone!

This is what I did.

1) Create a playlist for every music genre you like and copy your playlist files to:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\

2) Make a backup of your keyboard.xml (make sure backup file does NOT end with .xml !)
Keyboard.xml is located in:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

3) Open your keyboard.xml with notepad and scroll down to below section:
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>Number1</one>
<two>Number2</two>
<three>Number3</three>
<four>Number4</four>
<five>Number5</five>
<six>Number6</six>
<seven>Number7</seven>
<eight>Number8</eight>
<nine>Number9</nine>

4) Map your numeric keys to your playlists. Please find an example below.
<zero>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\90s.pls,playoffset=1)</zero>
<one>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\news.pls,playoffset=1)</one>
<two>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\top40.pls,playoffset=1)</two>
<three>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\jazz.pls,playoffset=1)</three>
<four>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\rock.pls,playoffset=1)</four>
<five>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\lounge.pls,playoffset=1)</five>
<six>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\lightrock.pls,playoffset=1)</six>
<seven>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\dance.pls,playoffset=1)</seven>
<eight>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\sports.pls,playoffset=1)</eight>
<nine>PlayMedia(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\workmix.pls,playoffset=1)</nine>

5) Restart XBMC.
Press button '1' on your IR remote control to hear the news, press '2' to listen to Top 40 music, etc.
If your playlist contains several URL's, you can press button 'SkipNext' to switch to the
next radio station in your playlist.. Cool
great Smile thaks... one question - wont this cause "collision" between this function of the numeric keys, and they normal function while inserting text, for example in "search" windows etc... ?
Could be, but so far I haven't experienced that issue. Also I hardly need numbers when I have to enter text in XBMC. And if I have to I use the XBMC virtual keyboard.
I tried it, works perfectly.. not even "collision" - XBMC is smart enough to disable this bindings and use keyboard as normal keyboard when there is "virtual keyboard" on the screen Smile
how about number over that like 10 or 11 ... so far?
You can map certain key press to do different things on different screens, eg number presses on home screen launch your playlists and number presses while playing a video will skip to the time entered. Check the wiki or thek key map contained with in the xbmc install directory for examples.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch favorites command?1