SQL library, Sickbeard, 2 x XBMC
Hi,

Hopefully a simple answer, but can't find what I'm looking for via here or google searches.

I have a server running sickbeard, and MySQL to centralise the XBMC library. This machine also runs XBMC occasionally, but is not running 24/7.

I have a 2nd machine, Acer Revo in the living room running XBMC 24/7.

I currently have Sickbeard set to send notifications to the XBMC machine in the living room (main XBMC machine). I only set this up today using Frodo Beta 2 and SQL, but the first item Sickbeard completed didn't appear in the library on the main XBMC machine, I had to run an update for it to appear.

My question is, does the above set up seem ok, and is this still how to use Sickbeard when using an SQL library, or should SB try to send a notification to the IP running the SQL database?

Thanks
Ah, when testing Sickbeard's connection to XBMC it returns a fail. All settings are correct in Sickbeard and on the XBMC machine as far as I can tell, so may be an issue with the Beta install.

Ok, Couchpotato send notifications fine with the exact same settings so its def something between Sickbeard and XBMC.
are both machines referring to the same mysql database via the advancedsettings.xml?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Yep, took me a while to get it working but that part works fine.

I actually have a 3rd XBMC running on a laptop, all point to the same SQL database.

One thing I wondered though, I didn't have to add Sources as such, just drop in the advancedsettings.xml and then the library was there and plays. Seems odd that the advancedsettings.xml doesnt identify the source but they play anyway.

I think the update issue is with Sickbeard as I can't get it to notify either XBMC, so may be something in the Beta 2/3 I'm running.

But the theory of one XBMC gets notified and that updates the SQL library is correct?

Thanks
Sickbeard issue confirmed:

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5893

I have used sickbeard alot with eden without any problems. But i have now upgraded to frodo beta 3 and sickbeard can no longer communicate wuth xbmc. Ican surf to the xbmc using a web browser so the port is open but still sb cant connect to xbmc... Not sure what is wrong now.. Will see if i can get a debug log
Check out my XBMC scripts at http://xbmc.ramfelt.se

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL library, Sickbeard, 2 x XBMC0