NFS Help
I'm new to NFS, and I really would like to have an NFS setup with XBMC. I'm using ArchLinux and have followed a combination of tutorials https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFS, and http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS...from_Linux. As a result I have the folder /nfs that I wish to share, and my corresponding /etc/exports uses the line:
/nfs 192.168.0.0/24(rw,all_squash,insecure)

The server goes up fine, and showmount -e shows /nfs 192.168.0.0/24 on the export list. However I cannot seem to access this from XBMC. If I add a source and choose NFS nothing is returned. Manually entering the address produces weird results. If I enter nfs://192.168.1.116/ as a source, it is found and it contains /nfs, but I cannot enter the /nfs folder. If I manually enter nfs://192.168.1.116/nfs/ I get the Unable to Connect message. I feel like this may be a permissions problem, but I have set the /nfs folder owner to root, user, and nobody all with 777 permissions achieving the same results. Could anybody who knows about NFS help me out. Is my syntax wrong for entering NFS shares in XBMC? If it's a permission problem how could I fix it? I can't say for sure this is an XBMC problem, it could be I set up my NFS improperly. If I'm an idiot who has missed something very basic, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Read the nfs wiki link in my signature - you have to remap the userid and fix the filesystem permissions properly. The right path for you is nfs://ip/nfs btw.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm still having problems. Just going down the list of things I've done. What I've grasped from the wiki, is the /nfs 192.168.0.0/24(rw,all_squash,insecure) command should make it so whatever connects to the NFS will have the nobody uid and gid. I attempted to change the the uid on the folder with chmod 65534, but realized quickly that it not how it works. How do I set the uid to 65534 for nobody? I've been searching around and I can't seem to find a command. I've tried doing a chown and chgrp to nobody but that doesn't work. That may be because when I do id nobody the uid and gid are 99 and not 65534.
you can specify the anonuid in the exports file as mentioned in the wiki. By doing that you can map the accesses to whatever userid you want and then you can use chown on the filesystem with that uid.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, well this is embarrassing. Apparently the ip range I set was not correct. I changed 192.168.0.0/24 to * just to see if that was the problem, and everything ran silky smooth. I had done that before but I guess I forgot to run exportfs after, or my permissions weren't set right at the time. Sorry for taking up your time with something so trivial; at least I learned a bunch about file permissions. Thank-you so much for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Help0