Win Airplay Doesnt work when Windows 7 firewall turned on
Sad 
Hi All,

XBMC 12 Beta 3 running on Windows 7.

I am new to airplay stuff. I was palying around airplay. Turned on airplay in xbmc without password. I can see airplay I con on iphone but when I hit it nothing happens. I turned windows firewall off and it works. When I tried airplay with pictures on my phone it asked ofr a password. I just pressed ok it didnt like it. So I went to xbmc and put a password and put the same password on iphone and it started working. With you tube app and other videos everything has got airplay Icon but doesnt work.

When I tried turning on firewall nothing works.

I tried opening up TCP/UDP 36667 in inbound rules of the windows 7 firewall but nothing helps.

I do not want to turn off the firewall permanently , any solution will be highly appreciated. Also is there a way to get the video work??

Cheers
open 36666 and 36667 in the firewall and remove the password.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm having the same problem. Do the HTPC need to use a WiFi-network card or will it work if the HTPC is connected to a wireless wouter?

Cheers!
it works as long as all devices involved are in the same subnet (doesn't matter if they are wired or wireless).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
i opened up all ports for xbmc in the firewall and it works 36666 and 36667 didnt work for me for some reason. Thank you CuFk for you kind support.
(2013-01-06, 21:17)ichayan Wrote: i opened up all ports for xbmc in the firewall and it works 36666 and 36667 didnt work for me for some reason. Thank you CuFk for you kind support.

Hi there ichayan. I'm just wondering how you managed to open up all ports for XBMC exactly? I seem to be having the exact same issue as you as far as not being able to use Airplay while Windows Firewall is turned on. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers.
Bump. Please help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay Doesnt work when Windows 7 firewall turned on0