HDHomerun Prime DLNA Support
Silicondust recently announced that a software update for the Prime will allow DLNA streaming of channels, press release. They also said that DTCP-IP compliant devices could play copy protected channels (sounds like the PS3 is the only mainstream device that can do that right now). A video of watching live TV via DLNA on XBMC was posted to youtube:

Looks interesting but is there any hope of adding recording to a setup like this? Also, does anyone know anything about DTCP-IP? Would that be prohibitively difficult to add as an XBMC plugin?
I'm hoping that this not only simplifies things for XBMC getting direct access to the video, but also simplifies things for PVR backends accessing the video. I can't wait to try this out myself, even if it's just live TV.
I think this means I'll be purchasing a HDHomerun Prime.
I just ordered one, I have two of the dual tuner HDHomeruns now.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Firmware just now released, checking it out now
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
For me it is working fairly well... I can watch all my copyfree content, I am getting a lot of buffering and some pixelation. But I have been getting that for a while when streaming from the Prime. Both units are on wired 10/100 network, and it only happens(that I have noticed) in XBMC/Plex WMC plays without issue. I have a feeling it as more to do with my network then either XBMC/Plex or the prime.
Great news! This is the beta that has been released?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I have it running as well. I seem to be getting MORE buffering and pixelation when compared to the previous beta firmware from Silicondust.
http://my.hdhomerun.com/beta

The UPnP part is working great. Also getting more buffering, like papreston said, but I expect that will improve with time.
Works great for me also on my zbox ad10. No buffering or pixel issue watching HD channel.

*Win8 + Eden
Works good here also. Is there any way to get it to browse to more channels, in cofluence and Aeon 4 I only get a list of the first 100 channels and cannot figure out how to browse to my higher numbered channels. I am on Cox cable and the Hdhomerun recognizes 400+ channels but I cannot see say channel 1008 which is the HD version of 8.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Prime DLNA Support0