Confirmation Screen Upon Running XBMC
Hi Guys,

Right I have an Apple TV 2 (Running 5.0.2 (4250)) and recently tried to install XBMC, after numerous attempts using Putty and the commands listed in the guide here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._2#ATV_5.x along with quite a few typos I gave up. I used the uninstall commands listed at the bottom and completely removed it.

I then decided to give NitroTV a go and it installed fine, the only slight issue is that upon selection the XBMC icon I get this:

I have to select again and then XBMC runs, is this normal or is it something I've done during these install attempts that has caused this?

It isn't a huge issue but if anyone knows how to bypass this that would be great.

Thanks!
It's normal, and as far as I know there's no way to bypass it.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Hmm, something to do with the AppleTV software version maybe?

I've had an Apple TV 2 before but it was on an earlier version of iOS 4.4.4 I think, that didn't have this. Same version of XBMC though.
It had the same issue. On ios 4.x you hovered over xbmc and a subentry appeared which was called xbmc again. You needed to click that submenu item to start xbmc. Basically in the new ios ui which was introduced by ios5.x you still have to hit xbmc twice. Its like ios on atv2 works (and if you look deeper every other app presents you with a submenu too before you can do other stuff).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
That sounds about right. Ah well, no issue really just wondered.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confirmation Screen Upon Running XBMC0