Video Playback Issue
When I play movies and TV shows I sometimes get large pixelation after a quick scene movement or during very dark scenes. It clears up as soon as it cuts to a new scene or the scene changes enough to clear up on its own. I've tested the same videos in VLC and have not seen the issue at all so I'm assuming it's something to do with XBMC.

System:
XBMC 12 Beta 2 (Issue has been around since Eden I think, not sure why I never brought it up before... It is quite annoying when it happens)
Windows 7
Full HTPC with Intel i5 Processor handling the graphics from a HDMI connection on the motherboard

Not sure what else anyone might need at this point, but I can find a file and run a debug log if needed.

Any help or advice would be VERY much appreciated!
Have you disable DXVA2 and select software as render method?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have it set to DXVA with DXVA2 allowed

I did have it originally set at Auto Detect for render method but I thought that was what the issue was. However DXVA is no better than Auto Detect and neither was Pixel Shaders.
I just wen't through the settings again with a scene from CSI that was giving me the issue constantly.

Finally found that if I turned off DXVA2 it stopped the issue (on that scene at least) I'll let it run as is for right now, but as it stands it looks like it is fixed. I'll reply back if the issue is still present.

Anyone know why DXVA2 would be the cause?
(2012-12-09, 04:02)Kallaide Wrote: Anyone know why DXVA2 would be the cause?
DXVA2 causes problem in all my Intel PC's (G530, i3 and i5). I posted the suggestions in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Yeah I just came across another of your threads about stuttering 1080p.

I've updated my Intel drivers... hehe you'd think I would know better. I'm so used to updating my nVidia Card on my gaming pc I forgot all about having to do it for the HTPC.

No issues since, thanks a 1000x bluray!!!
(2012-12-09, 05:03)Kallaide Wrote: Yeah I just came across another of your threads about stuttering 1080p.

I've updated my Intel drivers... hehe you'd think I would know better. I'm so used to updating my nVidia Card on my gaming pc I forgot all about having to do it for the HTPC.

No issues since, thanks a 1000x bluray!!!
I'm glad that you got rid of stuttering issue.....Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playback Issue0