Win Pause/Resume goes back couple of seconds
This is my first post. I tried searching for my issue, but it seems like the keywords are too common to find something useful.

Using one of video addons if I Pause and then resume playing it continues playing four about 10 seconds before jumping back about two seconds, and then continues normally.

I was on version 11 and tried updating to 12 beta 1 but issue is still happening.

Step to reproduce.
Play any Hulu video
Pause video
Resume video
Expected result: continue playing smoothly
Actual: continues playing fine for 10 seconds then goes back about 2 seconds.

1. XBMC 12.0 Beta1
2. Windows Version: 7 SP1
3. CPU/Architecture: Intel core2Duo
4. RAM amount; 2GB
5. Video Card and Driver version: intel4 series chipset family
6. Sound Card and Driver version: not sure
This happens to me as well on Ubuntu. I'm sure it has something to do w/ the stream getting out of sync w/ what's currently playing and needing to be resynced. I suspect everyone has this problem. I've also noticed the longer you pause, the further back it jumps when you resume.
I seen this happen as well even in current beta2 from GIT. Linux as well.

uNi

This happens for me on both windows and Raspberry Pi. It also happened on Ubuntu and openELEC. I'm obviously not using the correct search terms when looking for a fix, because nothing comes up. Anyone have a suggestion?
Yes open a BUG trac log with description a sample file and a debug log.

uNi
(2012-11-21, 01:55)itcheg Wrote: Using one of video addons if I Pause and then resume playing it continues playing four about 10 seconds before jumping back about two seconds, and then continues normally.

Does this ever happen when you watch a Hulu video via a web browser on that same system, pause it and then resume playback? What about with a different video add-on, such as PBS, cnet or YouTube? As tknorris suggested above, try pausing for a long time so that the amount of jump-back, if any, is accentuated for each of these tests I'm suggesting. Thanks.

This happens only on XBMC. It happens on all streamed content, and on all different versions of XBMC.
(2012-12-07, 10:17)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-11-21, 01:55)itcheg Wrote: Using one of video addons if I Pause and then resume playing it continues playing four about 10 seconds before jumping back about two seconds, and then continues normally.

Does this ever happen when you watch a Hulu video via a web browser on that same system, pause it and then resume playback? What about with a different video add-on, such as PBS, cnet or YouTube? As tknorris suggested above, try pausing for a long time so that the amount of jump-back, if any, is accentuated for each of these tests I'm suggesting. Thanks.

This never happens to me using the browser. This happens not only on Hulu but other video add-on well.

The pause time doesn't seem to make a difference for me, if I pause for just a moment or a minute, as described earlier, it continues playing for a few seconds before jumping back several seconds

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause/Resume goes back couple of seconds0