No Thumbnails for Home Videos?
My Win7 Frodo tests have thumbnails automagically generated when I browse a folder with my home videos in various formats (mpg, mp4, avi). Unfortunately, I'm not getting this with my RPi. Anyone else seeing this?

Raspbmc, xbmc Beta 3, 256MB RAM, accessing files via samba.

xbmc.log

Edit: I plugged in a USB drive and thumbnails also didn't get generated.
Hi,
I still can't get thumbnails to automatically generate. Can someone do a quick validation for me and let me know the result? Drop an avi and/or mp4 in a directory, add the directory as a source in xbmc (don't select a scraper), navigate to the directory and see if the thumbnail(s) are generated.

Thanks,
Doug
(2012-12-12, 01:03)PobjoySpecial Wrote: Check to see if the following is selected:

Settings --> Video --> File Lists --> Extract Thumbnails and Video Information

Yes, it's selected.

Are thumbs working for you?
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the export didn't work for me. The videos aren't in my library (not scraped nor monitored by xbmc). They are just viewed in file mode. So there weren't any thumbs exported.
I think it's a Raspbmc bug. I just tried an openelec build and it works fine. I'll try a clean raspbmc install again later.
doug. Yeah, i have the same. For a long time now RBMC doesn't create thumbnails for videos that not included in library. There's 2 workarounds.

1. Install "justusefilename" scaper (http://www.elbsolutions.com/xbmc/scraper...me.org.zip , also read this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142788 ) and scan home videos using it. Method drawback is that "normal" and home movies would be in the same library. You can divide them setting tags.
2. If your home movies collection is constant you may create custom thumbnails without adding files to library. I used ffmpeg for this.
Create cmd file called "createtbn.cmd" with following content:
Code:
ffmpeg -i %1 -r 1 -ss 60 -f image2 %~n1.tbn
Run it from command line using "createtbn.cmd home_movie.avi" . It will create image file "home_movie.tbn" with jpg format, frame taken at 60 seconds. XBMC will use it as thubms for the movie.avi.

And if you are really bother - here is the long and complicated how-to about home video and XBMC - http://www.pcmediacenter.com.au/forum/to...nfo-files/

Hi, relyter.

I had tried the justusefilename scaper without success. So moved on to try OpenELEC and xbian. I like OpenELEC, but it isn't allowing me to do some things I want so I'm currently trying xbian and liking it.

I have previously used a thumb creator for a different purpose and was thinking about applying it to this problem, but xbian is working for me so I'll use that. Eventually I'll have a single database running off the Windows box so this won't matter but I'm running Eden and Frodo now so I'll have to wait.

I like the idea of using nfo files. But, you're right, that is long and complicated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Thumbnails for Home Videos?0