• 11(current)
Linux Frodo - No sound after resume from suspend
Fritsch

Many thanks its working, the PC resumes from S3 Sleep mode and I can see the XBMC main menu, the screen then goes blank for a few seconds and when it comes back the sound is then working.

Is your solution a temporary work-around until they fix something? or is this expected to be the permanent fix?

Now if only I could figure out why SMB shares are sometimes unavailable after resume I'll be sorted.

Thanks again for your assistance!
(2013-04-13, 18:39)cw-kid Wrote: Is your solution a temporary work-around until they fix something? or is this expected to be the permanent fix?

Interestingly enough XBMCbuntu does not have this problem.

I have two systems installed on the same PC.

Ubuntu 12.10 with XBMC12.2 PRE - Suffers from problem described here
XBMCbuntu 12.1 - No problems after wake up
From my point of view it is a kernel / Xserver problem.

So, currently my ideas give me only this workaround :-). I already completely kill what we have in alsa and update the pcm configs and reparse the hints on resume. And: the device is gone from a driver view :-) - so I won't find it, no matter what I do within xbmc.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This is XBMC unrelated but it fixes the problem and maybe it will help Fritsch

Since cw-kid mentioned Denon amp I recall that I was reading about some HDMI settings that invloved music/video
This is setting for Denon AVR-789.
Function is called "HDMI Control ON"
It allows to "pass through" HDMI signal from PC (or any device) to TV even when Denon is in Standby mode.
So you can turn off your Denon (not really completly off it is in standby) music shuts off but video signal stays.

In my setup.
I can put XBMC to sleep and amp to standby.
Then I wake up XBMC and video comes back even though amp is off.
When I turn amp on music comes back.

To finish the story.
When amp is in this "HDMI Control ON" mode I no longer have any problems with sound going off (changing alsa device) after sleep/resume.
No need for xrandr HDMI --off and --auto.
My Denon AVR is a cheapo model AVR-1513 I doubt it has that feature but will check it out.

Thanks
(2013-04-13, 22:36)cw-kid Wrote: My Denon AVR is a cheapo model AVR-1513 I doubt it has that feature but will check it out.

Thanks

You do have the same option.
Check manual for "standby pass" option.
Same exact functionality.
(2013-04-13, 23:17)uomiarz Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 22:36)cw-kid Wrote: My Denon AVR is a cheapo model AVR-1513 I doubt it has that feature but will check it out.

Thanks

You do have the same option.
Check manual for "standby pass" option.
Same exact functionality.

Ok thanks will do later as wife watching a TV Show at the moment.

The other thing I did briefly have the XBMC PC connected directly to my LG TV via HDMI for both picture and sound (no AVR) and I don't recall having this issue then with the audio after resume.
uomiarz your suggestion appears to be working! On the Denon AVR the Standby Pass setting was set to Off. I changed this to be Blu-ray the HDMI input I am using for the XBMC PC.

I then deleted the /etc/pm/sleep.d/000-resume-audio file using the sudo rm command. Was this the correct way to remove fritsch's fix ? Should I run some other command as well?

Anyways now when I start the activity on the Logitech Harmony remote control the AVR, TV then the XBMC PC are all turned on and set to the correct inputs etc, when XBMC resumes from S3 Sleep mode I have sound via the AVR & 5.1 speakers.

The screen no longer turns off and back on again confirming that fritsch's fix is no longer running.

If I put the AVR in to standby mode, then the sound only comes from the inbuilt speakers in my LG HDTV. If I turn the AVR back on, sound then comes back on the 5.1 speakers!

Thanks
All that you have done was right - and i now also know that it is not an xbmc bug :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@cw-kid
FYI
Another setting on Denon HDMI-> "TV" or "AMP" will pass sound to AMP only or all the way to TV

@fritsch
Like you mentioned before bug seems to be somewhere else.
XBMCbuntu sleeps/resume just fine without changing HDMI setup on amp.
So far I have seen different kernel on XBMCbuntu. Version is 3.5.0-22-generic
Ubuntu desktop runs 3.5.0-27-generic.
I will try to swap it to older version today.
(2013-04-14, 15:53)uomiarz Wrote: @cw-kid
FYI
Another setting on Denon HDMI-> "TV" or "AMP" will pass sound to AMP only or all the way to TV

@fritsch
Like you mentioned before bug seems to be somewhere else.
XBMCbuntu sleeps/resume just fine without changing HDMI setup on amp.
So far I have seen different kernel on XBMCbuntu. Version is 3.5.0-22-generic
Ubuntu desktop runs 3.5.0-27-generic.
I will try to swap it to older version today.

That Denon amp setting is already set to AMP which is correct.

My current kernel is 3.8.6 but I still have 3.5.0 on there I think so I can probably test it as well!

Cheers
thanks for this - I have a Denon AVR-1610

I can find the HDMI Control setting and have put it to 'ON'

The Denon now gives me a few more options - Mode: Last/HDP/TV and all the other input options. I've left it to Last
and a few other settings.

What should I have using?
(2013-04-14, 17:20)bahman Wrote: thanks for this - I have a Denon AVR-1610

I can find the HDMI Control setting and have put it to 'ON'

The Denon now gives me a few more options - Mode: Last/HDP/TV and all the other input options. I've left it to Last
and a few other settings.

What should I have using?

Last should be ok to use. Or select the HDMI input of the AVR that your Xbmc PC is connected to.
Hi

I am having this problem with my system, looks like this from fritsch would work

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid137891

However I am unable to create anything in the /etc directory becasue openelec is a read only FS. How has everyone else got around this, I see no mention of others hitting this problem?

thanks in advance
Your link doesn't work. What are you trying to edit in /etc/ ? Openelec contains some config files in ~/.config/
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo - No sound after resume from suspend3