• 6(current)
Linux Frodo - No sound after resume from suspend
I have tried the generic build that was posted here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2218#i...t-13367315 and the issue is not fixed for me. If I turn the TV and AMP off and then suspend the computer, on resume I still get no sound
(2013-02-11, 19:17)PatrickVogeli Wrote: I have tried the generic build that was posted here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2218#i...t-13367315 and the issue is not fixed for me. If I turn the TV and AMP off and then suspend the computer, on resume I still get no sound

totally different issue
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@PatrickVogeli:
You have an EDID problem. The HDMI soundcard "forgets" the EDID information of your TV/AMP when resuming. Blame your vendor or workaround it by overwriting the edid via xorg.conf (in the nvidia case) or /etc/ati/dfp1.edid in the (amd case).

@Martijn: Did you realize, all those came good out of suspend :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You know I'm special Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So... can anybody point me in the right direction? I doubt it is an HDMI EDID issue, I think this worked fine with Openelec 2.0 builds... I'll confirm later

EDIT: ok, I've loaded Openelec 2.0 and tried the same again: shutdown TV + AMP, then suspend, resume and then turn on TV + AMP. Result: sound works, so I'd say it's not an EDID thing.

With Frodo, when the error happens, if I play a movie file which bitreams audio, I have sound. After that, playing music works again.
and if TV and AMP is on, you have sound on resume? try that a couple of times.
Hi,

to make things clear:

If I suspend the computer, and after that shutdown the TV + AMP, I have sound on resume. When this problem happens, I only get sound when I bitstream something (mkv with 5.1 dolby digital works fine and bitstreams audio) and after that, everything works.

Also, if I suspend and leave TV + AMP on, I also get sound fine. The only event when it doesn't work is when you suspend the computer while the TV and AMP are off. Which device I resume first, if TV + AVR or computer doesn't mind.
Logfile please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
posted this one: http://pastebin.com/ibvHEt1T

The suspend / resume is done at about 23:36.
This was done with the old OpenELEC build. Retry with the one now posted in the original place you found the other build.

It does not work with 2.99.2 that is clear.
Here's a new log file. Done with r13266 and without usb-cec

What I did:

start system, play music, stop music, turn tv + amp off, suspend computer, wake computer, turn tv + amp on, play music (no sound), stop music, played kill 1 mkv file (dolby audio is bitstreamed to amp) and then xbmc crashed

http://pastebin.com/p0t6BHrm
Your log is the one, that did not crash - No Suspend / Resume in logfile.

This PR tries to fix Suspend / Resume with AMP / TV whatever turned on. The other stuff is as said EDID dependend.
well, that log is incomplete, I don't even see you suspending the htpc
Yeah sorry, I didn't realize that the log was moved to log.old

http://pastebin.com/xnBCM9fu

Resume happens from line 912:
18:06:29 T:2876218176 NOTICE: ES: Client from 127.0.0.1 timed out
18:06:30 T:3016238848 INFO: LIRC Initialize: using: /var/run/lirc/lircd
18:06:30 T:3016238848 INFO: LIRC Initialize: sucessfully started
18:06:30 T:3016238848 NOTICE: OnWake: Running resume jobs
18:06:30 T:3016238848 NOTICE: OnWake: Restarting lirc
18:06:30 T:3016238848 INFO: LIRC Initialize: using: /var/run/lirc/lircd
18:06:30 T:3016238848 INFO: LIRC Initialize: sucessfully started

Thanks!
My code works :-)

you get both events on suspend and the sinks are completeley reenumerated on resume. The same number of devices was found again.

What happens, when you boot the PC with receiver + TV turned off? I think the Xorg.0.0.log is more relevant here, but open an other thread - as you highjacked this one quite badly.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo - No sound after resume from suspend3