• 4(current)
Linux Frodo - No sound after resume from suspend
@ixnu - thx - anyone else reporting your ALSA version, would be helpful
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-01-23, 04:23)DDDamian Wrote: perhaps ixnu and Wraul can check which ALSA kernal they are running?

Sorry for the late response. I got knocked out by a cold.

Code:
mathias@htpcbox:~$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.25.

mathias@htpcbox:~$ uname -a
Linux htpcbox 3.6.11-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 18 08:57:15 CET 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

mathias@htpcbox:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC889 Analog [ALC889 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC889 Digital [ALC889 Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Hey you guys tried disabling unused sound cards? This fixed a no sound on boot problem for me, worth a shot maybe?
Today I installed Frodo xbmcbuntu-12.00-RC3.Intel-NVIDIA on my HTPC and my sound worked until I set it to Optical and rebooted. Now I have "error - no device found" for both audio output and passthrough devices. Anyone any ideas on how I get it working?

Edit: Pressing quit, going to the login screen and logging back into XBMC fixes it, until I reboot
After waking up my device today, no sound and "CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer" in the log.

I am willing to help with fault isolation, run custom images and such - but right now I am not sure where to start looking.

Please let me know what info you need and I will provide it!
@PogMoThoin: look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145451&page=9
As requested my aplay version - running ION 64bit build of OE3 RC2.

root ~ # cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version k3.7.4.

With this latest build, the no sound after resume from suspend issue is still there.

Any further thoughts on how this can be fixed?
Appreciate the dev team have been looking into this numerous times already on this thread Smile
I did a reinstall with fedora 18 instead of ubuntu 12, and while it is working better now, it is still buggy. However it feels like i am running into a somewhat different issue - after resume from suspend i dont have any sound when i am trying to play music in xbmc, but with videos everything works fine. And playing a video seems the get the sound working for music also, so my workaround now is to play a second of a video after resume just to get sound working for music.

Running frodo rc3.
(2013-01-29, 08:06)wiad Wrote: I did a reinstall with fedora 18 instead of ubuntu 12, and while it is working better now, it is still buggy. However it feels like i am running into a somewhat different issue - after resume from suspend i dont have any sound when i am trying to play music in xbmc, but with videos everything works fine. And playing a video seems the get the sound working for music also, so my workaround now is to play a second of a video after resume just to get sound working for music.

Running frodo rc3.

Yes this is known to us. However it requires some substantial code change.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-29, 08:23)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-01-29, 08:06)wiad Wrote: I did a reinstall with fedora 18 instead of ubuntu 12, and while it is working better now, it is still buggy. However it feels like i am running into a somewhat different issue - after resume from suspend i dont have any sound when i am trying to play music in xbmc, but with videos everything works fine. And playing a video seems the get the sound working for music also, so my workaround now is to play a second of a video after resume just to get sound working for music.

Running frodo rc3.

Yes this is known to us. However it requires some substantial code change.

ok, need to google better i suppose. are there any better workarounds for this than the one i am using?
@wiad:
Yes - kill xbmc after resume.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That's kind of a pain seeing as it worked perfectly in Eden.

I understand that these things take time to fix, is there a rough timeline though or would it be better off down downgrade to Eden? Having to reboot every time isn't ideal.
I'm running the OpenELEC 3 RC2 ION 32bit build on a Zotac ION 330, sound and video over the same HDMI cable. I also have the issue with no sound after resume. It worked fine in OE 2, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the new hdaudio stuff?
By the way, I also had the issue when I ran the XBMC 12 betas on Ubuntu.

root ~ # cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version k3.7.4.

root ~ # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 0/1
(2013-01-29, 08:23)Martijn Wrote: Yes this is known to us. However it requires some substantial code change.
Is there a bug on some bugtracker we can follow, instead of asking here for progress? Smile

I read on a a post on a Ubuntu forum somewhere that was describing the same problem, the post didn't state what media software they were using however their solution was to upgrade the kernal to 3.6.

So I tried this and it worked, I now have audio on wake.

Slight issue my remote no longer works lol, as soon as I press a key the light on the IR receiver lights up and stays on permanently and does not respond to any commands.

Not sure if this information is of any use to anyone, but thought I'd share, I'm just off to try and get my remote working if not, looks like ill have to try a different solution.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo - No sound after resume from suspend3