Win Some Movies doesnt play correctly in Frodo BETA 2/3/RC1 - Sample added
Thx for testing.
U are directly connected to your lg without using an avr?
That would mean your tv does a downmix to stereo...right?
Did u enable "Receiver cabable of DTS-hd" ? If i disable this Setting, so only the DTS Core is played, then it plays without the error...
The problem only come up when DTS-Hd is passthroughed to my avr, and only on some of my Files... Others with DTS-Hd Sound play flawlessly...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Yes it's down mixed to stereo.... so you can at least cast the issue in the right direction.
(2012-12-14, 05:57)bimme Wrote: i have set xbmc to passthrough to my receiver...yes

other files containing HD-Audio play fine...

not xbmc. i am talking about set up your AVR for HDMI pass through
Pass through without scale or post processing. Have tried to disable HDMI Control and lip Sync too. But like i said, its not a general issue with all DTS- HD movies. Others movies with DTS-hd Sound Play fine. My settings should all be ok...
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
maybe somebody can play my sample using WASAPI to passthrough an avr cabable of playing DTS-HD?

there are only 2 possibilties : some of my files are defective - but i don´t know why it plays the DTS core without the hiccups, or there is a problem with the AudioEngine - what i think..
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I just tried the sample. Does not work for me either.
Since the sample track have DTS-HRA audio which is DTS answer to DD+ which, incidentally, does not work properly either with Frodo RC1 this may be a bug.
I can only get DTS-HRA and DD+ to work when downsampling to stereo.

I'm using WASAPI HDMI Intel HD Audio passthrough to Onkyo TX-NR609 AVR. TrueHD and DTS-MA works fine as does AC3 etc
Thx for testing. I have several other movies with dts-high Resolution Audio working without Problems. But i Have some with dts-ma showing the same behaviour... U dont have to downsample to stereo, just untick "receiver cabable of dts-hd" and the dts Core will be played without hiccups...
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-16, 12:51)bimme Wrote: Thx for testing. I have several other movies with dts-high Resolution Audio working without Problems. But i Have some with dts-ma showing the same behaviour... U dont have to downsample to stereo, just untick "receiver cabable of dts-hd" and the dts Core will be played without hiccups...

I'm having this exact problem on OpenElec 3b5 on a GT640 to a Yammy. Vendor samples play correctly like:

hd_dts_animated_logo_lossless.m2ts
hd_dolby_spheres_lossless_v2.m2ts

Only about half of my HDAudio MKV's (a mixture of DTS-MA and TrueHD) play correctly in XBMC.

All of them play correctly in MPC-hc on Win7x64,

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm happy to upload samples, logs, etc.
I'd like to Test a Sample, to See if its the Same error i get?
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-18, 23:05)bimme Wrote: I'd like to Test a Sample, to See if its the Same error i get?

Will do. Let me chop up a couple of samples tonight.
Please try this one and let me know:
Sample DTS-MA

(2012-12-19, 15:48)ixnu Wrote: Please try this one and let me know:
Sample DTS-MA

thx for the sample.
it shows exacty le same behaviour like my samlpe/movies.

what is see on ur sample:
it is running in double or triple the normal speed when i have no audio, then i have a couple of seconds audio and its playing like normal.
after that audio disappear again and it "running" till the end without sound..
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-19, 19:17)bimme Wrote: thx for the sample.
it shows exacty le same behaviour like my samlpe/movies.

what is see on ur sample:
it is running in double or triple the normal speed when i have no audio, then i have a couple of seconds audio and its playing like normal.
after that audio disappear again and it "running" till the end without sound..

Yep. That is the exact behavior that I have seen on Linux. At this point, can somebody confirm that the samples are correctly encoded? If they are, it seems we should submit a ticket in Trac,

I have not searched through Trac to see if there is a ticket similar to this, does anybody know if this has been reported?

well, i think they are correctly encoded, cause playback via powerdvd is no problem at all incl DTS-MA...
i´m still very new to xbmc, i don´t know anything about trac....
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
This might be an ati issue? Look at the forum , thereare LOTS of problems and all haveati.. I dunno about you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Movies doesnt play correctly in Frodo BETA 2/3/RC1 - Sample added 1