Am I using the latest pvr.mythtv.cmyth build ?
Hi,

Building Fetzerch's source and installing seems pretty straight forward Smile
However, when doing a "git pull" and rebuilding, how can i be sure that my XBMC is actually running the latest pvr-addon ?
The last few days I've just rebuild after the pull and then installed via "Install from zip file", - is this enough ?

Procedure is:
Code:
git pull
./configure --enable-addons-with-dependencies
make clean
make zip
cp addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux-i486.zip /home/mylogin/pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux-i486-4.zip
(renamed for keeping older versions)
(...rebuild XBMC and start XBMC...)
System -> Settings -> Addons -> "Install from zip file" and then point it to pvr....-4.zip

Can someone verify that this is correct ?
When checking the addon-settings/configuration it always shows the same version-number for pvr.mythtv.cmyth -> "1.6.5.0"
That should be fine. The version stays the same in source until a release, so when doing incremental updates you won't see that version change often.
Hi,
I'm glad you got this plugin working - is there anywhere to download the compiled addon in a zip for ATV2? I can't find it anywhere? If someone could send me the zip or a link to get it I'd really appreciate that! Cheers!
Jamie
(2012-12-09, 19:45)pgjensen Wrote: That should be fine. The version stays the same in source until a release, so when doing incremental updates you won't see that version change often.

Ok, thankyou Smile I started wondering because my settings got saved in between upgrades, "Backend IP", "Database password" and so on. But I guess its stored in /userdata and therefore untouched by installing new zips.
(2012-12-09, 22:19)jmcdonnell Wrote: Hi,
I'm glad you got this plugin working - is there anywhere to download the compiled addon in a zip for ATV2? I can't find it anywhere? If someone could send me the zip or a link to get it I'd really appreciate that! Cheers!
Jamie

On the wiki there are instructions for building it on OSX. You could try that Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Am I using the latest pvr.mythtv.cmyth build ?0