Bug xbmc remote Eden / Frodo issues
Hi folks,

great work anyway...

I've got the latest (10.9) app from the google app store.
I know, there are changes in the interface between Eden and Frodo, however since Frodo is not stable
and has playback issues, I assume, there will be a long time Eden needs parallel support too.

Some issues:

Eden:

cannot see TV shows any more (script error)
cannot download banner / poster for TV shows
Actors are not recognized any more.

Frodo

authors issue
Download Series / Episodes Posters lead to Error

Actors DB is not searched (no actors)

New stuff (Live-TV, Recordings) not supported yet
weather not supported yet

Remote needs some rework (some more buttons)
Shutdown button should show up system shutdown pop-up menu to choose the right option (exit, sutdown, timer, custom commands etc...)

Well I know, it is more XBMC dev related, but:

- there should be a road-map for development, interfaces should be stable.
- when new options / extensions are necessary, legacy interfaces should be maintained for compatibility instead of changing them
- if someone changes everything (bad idea), programs need to check the version and adopt to old / new interface accordingly.

I hope you can build a workaround to support both versions Eden and Frodo, since they will coexist for a long time,
many users do not need a bloated stuttering system - especially if they use low-power tiny devices like raspbery pi,
Atom or E350 AMD APU systems where Eden runs great and Frodo fails on HD content.

Also several bugs with playing music from the Android remote in Frodo Smile

- Whenever you que a song in a playlist, the playlist restarts.
- App often says 'Error cannot play", and song starts anyways.
- Whatever song you try to play from an album, the #1 track will be played.
The official 1.0.9 was a very quick hack to support Frodo but I'm guessing Freezy is more on working on the next gen version than upgrading this old thing Smile

In the meanwhile you may want to try alternatives like Yatse that should fulfill you needs Smile
Yes the problem with the no.1 track playing is very annoying! Any idea when this will be resolvedHuh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc remote Eden / Frodo issues0