Download Frodo compatible test version here
(2013-01-16, 19:27)theloon Wrote: Remote works but crashes when opening movies also, theres no option for json, I'm on RC3 Frodo I'll test on Eden later today.

Same here. How do I activate logging?

After a restart I get the message, that no host is added, every time. My xbmc instance is there though.
(2013-01-16, 23:36)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2013-01-16, 19:27)theloon Wrote: Remote works but crashes when opening movies also, theres no option for json, I'm on RC3 Frodo I'll test on Eden later today.

Same here. How do I activate logging?

After a restart I get the message, that no host is added, every time. My xbmc instance is there though.

I don't know, I dont see anything in settings.
Hello all,

After some tests of the older Frodo remote versions and of the new one (1.0.8), here is a couple of feedback remarks on 1.0.8, in the hope it will be usefull (that's my experience only, some others may see differently, of course) :
1 - The "Now playing" screens don't work. Neither in Movies nor music. Nothing displayed and no ability to scroll in the movie/song
2 - In the playlist, the red indicator stays on the first item (first song/movie) and doesn't go down when playing the next song/movie. For movies only, it gets to the right position after leaving this screen and going back to it
3 - Queuing a movie makes the currently playing one restart
4 - Queuing an album or song makes the currently playing song restart (actually, it makes the currently highlighted red item in the music playing restart, which can be different, see 2

I'll try to edit my post with some more remarks Smile

Thanks for you hard work and dedication!

EDIT with a couple more things:

5 - Queuing or playing a directory fails if the directory contains only directories.
6 - Update to #2 above, the playlists don't get updated when it should. I have to leave the screen and come back several times to see the playlist updated
7 - I get NullPointerException in Music and Movies everywhere except in File mode. ("Actors", "Albums" ... return an error).
8 - I can't seem to be able to watch photos while some music is playing. I'm pretty sure I was able to do that before. (and it works with Yatse)

Configuration:
- XBMC Frodo RC3 on Ubuntu 12.04 (Atom N330 / nVidia ION)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 with CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android JellyBean 4.2)
- Archos 101IT with CyanogenMod 9 (with tablet UI)

I'd like to add that I'm really thankfull to the xbmc comunity as a whole and to the Android developers for their work. I saw some mockups for a tablet UI somewhere on this forum that look amazing. I hope you guys can pull that off. (and I'm ready to test whatever alpha may have in the future).
Just installed v 1.0.8 and noticed the following:
- The "Host Wizard" to add new hosts doesn't seem to work (nothing happens), not having any hosts yet
- when playing music and then play a video, "currently playing" screen crashes
- currently playing doesn't seem to update it's status well after a new item started playback
- none of the shortcuts on the home screen work - all result in crash (music, movies, tv-shows, pics) - only currently playing and remote work
Hi there....

I've got some problems with my xbmc android remote. I'm using a galaxy nexus and the 1.09 Version of the android remote. My system is based on a Zotac ION board using XBMCbuntu 12 Eden stable release

I am able to controll my xbmc (left, right, up, down, select etc....) but I'm not able to access my database. I get the error:

"I/O Exception
(org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException)

Invalid UTF-8 middle byte 0x42 at [Source: libcore.net.http.FixedLengthInputStrem@41810d60; line: 1, column: 8252]

So I thought it could be caused by my nfo-files that aren't converted to UTF-8 (but works fine in Eden). I've a nfo-file for all of my movies. So I renamed all my *.nfo files to *.txt files to get them ignored by my xbmc, clear the library and scraped everything new with "TheMovieDatabase"-Scraper. But I still can't access my movie database.

I got a full ubuntu installation on my other desktop pc and if I add some movies in there and scrape them by the scraper above, I can access the db. So, what is the difference?

Thanks for help and if you need some more infos, please let me know.
Maybe I found a way....

I did a new clean of my library, remove every file that was in the movie folder (except of the movie Wink). So i removed all fanart, posters and every text file, ad a new source a let the system scrape only one movie....and what should I say....it works. So I did this for all of my movies and let them scrape at this moment. Maybe it will work

We'll see Wink
Found the issue....just my fault. I had some "ä" and "ü" in my filenames Wink

Now it works fine!
I'm very new to this forum and xbmc family. Recently I built on pc and installed xbmc frodo and setup my media library (still not finalized yet)
I'm trying to setup xbmc remote for android, but somehow it is not connecting and giving some error.
Error message is "Make sure XBMC webserver is enabled and XBMC is running"

I did enabled the webserver and running xbmc, not sure why it is giving this message.

Can someone help me out on this? I really appreciate detailed step as I'm pretty much newbie.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download Frodo compatible test version here3