NZBMatrix shutdown.
Time to start working the networking skills to get an invite. This sucks. i just donated to Confused
Well this sucks. Looks like everybody else is being overloaded.
all the dmca takedowns are killing usenet. even if there are alternative indexers, when the providers get hit with the notices, the content disappears.

I am considering switching to torrents with an anonymous vpn provider. They can't really touch the content for torrents, but can only go after the users and the vpn should take care of that part. How do you guys feel about that? any good or bad experiences?
(2012-12-10, 06:32)aptalca Wrote: I am considering switching to torrents with an anonymous vpn provider. They can't really touch the content for torrents, but can only go after the users and the vpn should take care of that part. How do you guys feel about that? any good or bad experiences?

This may be risky discussion in XBMC, but I'm sure the Mods will warn us when appropriate. I use a proxy service myself, as I only need to protect torrent traffic and it has worked fine with regards to speed, security and public IP protection.
(2012-12-10, 03:09)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-12-10, 03:08)htpc guy Wrote: Doesn't SB have its own index? That should pull most of your stuff. I'll guess I'll find out tonight if it pulls the shows its supposed to.

Me too. Smile

It's at the top of the my list for providers.

SB index pulled the shows for me tonight. Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Bummer... Sad SB index also pulled all my stuff for me this morning...
Anyone use nzbrus if so is it any good.
Let's not turn this into a request for invites to indexes thread. That's enough of those.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
SB index also pulled most of mine too except for one that is a special snowflake and can't be automatically pulled.
(2012-12-11, 00:52)thrak76 Wrote: Let's not turn this into a request for invites to indexes thread. That's enough of those.

Agreed.
NZBTor. It appears to use the tor network so a little bit of latency. It's opening and registering but not much content so far.

http://u4qovkc4srv3uequ.onion.to/

(Admins unsure if i can paste links here. Please delete if required. AIA).
(2012-12-11, 13:43)bae0 Wrote: NZBTor. It appears to use the tor network so a little bit of latency. It's opening and registering but not much content so far.

Looks promising, thank you!Wink
very interested in seeing what the community comes up with
Run your own index with Newznab.
(2012-12-12, 23:34)t2ffn Wrote: Run your own index with Newznab.
  • What's the overhead on running your own indexer?
  • Can you choose particular newsgroups to index off of only?
  • Are there any significant risks to indexing yourself?

I was solely using NZBMatrix before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NZBMatrix shutdown.0