Turn off subtitles for live TV?
I've successfully got Live TV in XBMC, my only current issue that every TV channel is displaying subtitles, and I can't find where to turn this off.

Can you help?

Also do I need nPVR to be running as a background service?
Click the sound icon while watching a channel and untick the enable subtitles. Then click on set this as default for all and you should be fine.

Yes you need to have the Npvr service running.
I am having the opposite problem, I can't get subtitles to display! They don't work when watching live or recorded. Subtitles are enabled on the OSD, and clicking the arrows to change the source does nothing. For the recorded programs, I have tried using CCExtractor and successfully got the .srt file. When I try to watch the recorded program through the PVR frontend, there are still no subtitles, and it doesn't let me browse to their location either. If I play the same file by adding the recording folder as a source under Videos (with the accompanying .srt file), the subtitles play as expected. Any ideas? I am using NextPVR, but I think the problem is on the frontend in XMBC.
Yeah, that'll be more of an XBMC problem. The addon doesn't do any subtitles itself.
I'd like to borrow this thread a bit....

If I want to disable subtitles by default only for Live TV but want to keep subtitles on by default for TV Series and Movies.
Is there a way to achieve this? Huh
(2014-01-08, 22:56)FreeFrag Wrote: I'd like to borrow this thread a bit....

If I want to disable subtitles by default only for Live TV but want to keep subtitles on by default for TV Series and Movies.
Is there a way to achieve this? Huh

No one?
Not as far ad I know. Helps if you map a remote key to 't'. Then they are much easier to get rid of.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Once you disable subtitles for a specific channel XBMC will remember it. Granted if you have hundreds of channels it could be a bit tedious to disable it for all individually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off subtitles for live TV?1