Win Stutter video playback problem
Like i said, its the video player..
I had high hopes for not having to use an external player anymore with frodo, guess i have to come back to that again..
How do i create a sample of the other 2 blurays?

And what about the second problem? Cause that wasnt happening in eden...
DDDamian or anyone else who is experienced... Any thoughts left?
I have too trouble with video playback of hd ts-streams on frodo, while they play back without any issues on the same hardware on xbmc 11.0.

The video output looks like breakdance in slow motion.

very strange. I hope you can sort it out before the release.

Same issue on playback live-tv via enigma2 and some hd channels / recordings. If i use xbmc 11 and connect the source for live tv via http it works flawless, also using smb connection to access the pvr recordings in xbmc 11 plays everything back ok. My audio is pass-through on spdiff, i also tried downmix to stereo - no improvement.

So something wents wrong in frodo regarding video decoding or maybe some background tasks are eating up system ressources?
Have the same problem. all movies and series provides some lags every 3 second.

Have enabled debug. And can see my fps in the menu is very unstable. its constant varies between 33 and 60 fps. in beta 2 was my fps stable at 59-60 fps.
Im having stutters with dvds too strangely
I have the same problem with the RC.

However there is a workaround. Just run XBMC in compability mode (XP service pack 3) and vid plays smooth.

BTW is this only an AMD related problem. I'm using Catalyst 12.11 beta 11.
(2012-12-14, 19:26)Jeggu Wrote: I have the same problem with the RC.

However there is a workaround. Just run XBMC in compability mode (XP service pack 3) and vid plays smooth.

BTW is this only an AMD related problem. I'm using Catalyst 12.11 beta 11.

Im running win 7 not xp
I dont like people immediately saying they got the same problem.. But it isnt,
Please dont post your vid problem here anymore.. But make your own topic.. I want to narrow my problem down
btw...
when running xbmc in compability mode to XP SP3, there is no sound at all....cause no device is found for audio passthrough...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I have the same (or similar) problem since Beta 2. Every video I play studders. It plays for .3 seconds, pauses, plays again for .3 seconds, and repeats the same issue. There is also no audio. Formats vary from SD, 720p and 1070p. I tried stereo movies, DTS, DD and all exhibited the issue.

Using Windows 7 x64. 8GB Memory. i5 2500K. SSD. Radeon 5770 with latest Catalyst drivers (12.10).

Version 11 worked flawlessly with no studder. No studder in other apps such as VLC.
@Skank.
just to be sure, have u disabled AMD Steady Video in catalyst ? once i had it enabled and didn´t remember...the movies felt "jumpy" with stutters (don´t remember if the framerate jumped up and down as well)
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-15, 04:57)bimme Wrote: @Skank.
just to be sure, have u disabled AMD Steady Video in catalyst ? once i had it enabled and didn´t remember...the movies felt "jumpy" with stutters (don´t remember if the framerate jumped up and down as well)

Yes disabled

All settings in ccc, win7 and xbmc are as it should be ..
Yes disabled

All settings in ccc, win7 and xbmc are as it should be ..
Guess im on my own now..
(2012-12-16, 10:48)Skank Wrote: Guess im on my own now..

Me too.
Have u tried to setup direct sound instead of wasapi?
For me im pretty sure its a fault of the audio engine in frodo.
Posted in the winows AE thread...

Are those concerts u try to play in 1080p or 1080i ? Many concerts are interlaced, maybe its a deinterlacing Problem?
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Well to be honest, the more different movie/formats i try.. The more i encounter problems with..
Im not having any issues with other players, everything works with vlc, powerdvd, tmt5 , mpc-hc rtc but not with xbmc

All my movies are 1080p and series 720p

Just tried disneys dinosaur in iso format
Again stuttering..

The only that dont have issues are mkvs... Except wih beta 3 those also had a problem that audio played further but video stopped for 4 sec and thn it fastforwarded to the point where the audio was..
I watched 3 mkvs completely with rc1 and didnt see that issue anymore, i hope its gone..
But the rest , isos, bluray and those 2 concerts just stutter... I dunno why (but not with other players)
I like the AE thoguh, and the great effort they make to push xbmc forward.

But i truly hope they gonna redo the complete video(dvdplayer) from scrath for xbmc version 13 and then even impley full 3d too..
So i dont need an external player anymore (as i hoped for frodo version) and it plays everything i throw at

And i dont want directsound cause i want the best audio thing and then you need wasapi not anying else
Ur right, but if u get no stuttering with directsound, we would Know that even your Problem is caused by the Audio engine/wasapi. Im quite new to xbmc and i dont Know For sure, but i have not read that they changed something in dvdplayer anywhere...
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter video playback problem0