How can I show movies and series information?
I'm a new XMBC user.
It works fine on Raspberry pi. I installed Xbian (XMBC 1.2)
I saw a youtube video showing films information, like plot, actors, front cover etc.. (refocus skin + xbian)
I've an USB HD with films, series etc.. and I want to show my films and series showing this information.
How can I do it? I'm new with XMBC. I don't know if it is possible installing a pluggin or a skin like refocus.
Is there "how to" documents about this?

See Adding videos to the library (wiki).
Thanks for the info.
Now I have all my movies and series with all the information.
Hello,

I have the same problem, but I'm using uPnP as a source.
I'm running Raspbmc on a raspberry pi. Installation went smooth.

I added a source in videos, which is my uPnP NAS (synology, and checked that it is supported).
However, the wiki tells me that I should receive a screen showing "set content". This screen does not appear. I can't set content from the contextual menu on the source.

What am I doing wrong?
Found the solution to my own question : for uPnP sources, setting content is not supported.
When using SMB, I do receive the "set content" window".
That's unfortunate, as uPnP is quite easy to configure and supported already in many applications.
Just a side note: If your UPnP source is another XBMC system (rather than a NAS) and this system has all its movies scanned into the XBMC library (with its attendant movie info and artwork), then your client XBMC system (RPi) can take advantage of this. You still can't "set content" on the RPi for the UPnP share, but you don't need to, since you will be able to access all the movie info and artwork from the host XBMC library.
UPnP has dynamic file paths, which doesn't jive with XBMC's library features. However, UPnP is designed to provide its own metadata, so there really isn't a big demand for UPnP being a scannable source in XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I show movies and series information?0