• 4(current)
Bug Kernal killing xbmc task on 256 board
Just an update rebooted, started the movie, gone past the normal xbmc restarting part, leaving the movie running, looks as if it could be the firmware

is there any commands that i could run that could help debugg it?

The movie is well past the point that it normally restarts xbmcSmile
Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication to this!!
(2012-12-13, 16:38)lowridin_guy Wrote: Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication to this!!

Its ok mate, thank you
(2012-12-13, 16:26)jas0npc Wrote: Just an update rebooted, started the movie, gone past the normal xbmc restarting part, leaving the movie running, looks as if it could be the firmware

is there any commands that i could run that could help debugg it?

The movie is well past the point that it normally restarts xbmcSmile

Keep it running to be sure. I believe I saw xbmc crash when playing icefims on the old (3.2) firmware. My test case was taking about an hour to crash.

Can you make sure
<loglevel hide="true">0</loglevel>
is not in your advancedsettings.xml, and enabled debugging (settings/system/debugging). You should now see the free memory printed on screen. That should help identify if memory is leaking.
(I think it is normal for memory use to increase for a couple of minutes after launching video playback, but should stabilise).

Quite a lot changed in the switch from "master" firmware tree to "next" firmware tree. It could be the firmware (including the /opt/vc/lib files). It could be the kernel (lots of upstream source changed). It could be kernel config options (e.g. we build with CMA supported, but not used, rather than not supported). It could be a change in xbmc code (but that would be an unfortunate coincidence to occur alongside the firmware change).

I'll see if I can build some bits of firmware that can narrow it down.
Yep no problem, i will restart the pi, set up all the debugging and start it again Smile
Film was 5 mins from finish so was well over 1 hour 25 mins, but power cycled the PI made sure debugging was enabled and i dont have any advancedsettings at all, will post back after the movie Smile
(2012-12-13, 17:08)jas0npc Wrote: Yep no problem, i will restart the pi, set up all the debugging and start it again Smile
Once you are done with that test (make sure it is reliable), can you try:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3669512/temp/kernel_nocma.img
rename it to kernel.img on boot partition of sdcard. Use this on a clean raspbmc image. This has cma disabled in kerenel.
That's hopefully all you need. If you have some hardware that fails, you may need to update the /lib/modules:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3669512/temp/ke...odules.tgz

Yep no problem, Smile will get back to you
You want me to do the above on a new fresh install, ie not on 3.2 kernel,
(2012-12-13, 19:00)jas0npc Wrote: You want me to do the above on a new fresh install, ie not on 3.2 kernel,
Yes, it is a rebuild of 3.6 kernel with CMA disabled. Should replace a 3.6 kernel (i.e. a fresh latest raspbmc image)
No probs just wanted to be sure Smile
Ok film over here is the log for raspbmc latest on kernel 3.2 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94360623/xbmc%2...g/xbmc.log, now reinstalling raspbmc
(2012-12-13, 19:28)jas0npc Wrote: Ok film over here is the log for raspbmc latest on kernel 3.2 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94360623/xbmc%2...g/xbmc.log, now reinstalling raspbmc
I assume from the log the file played successfully, and was ~1h30m. And normally it dies after ten minutes?
Copied kernel over, stuck in boot loop, relax xbmc will start shortly
(2012-12-13, 19:54)jas0npc Wrote: Copied kernel over, stuck in boot loop, relax xbmc will start shortly
You may need to get modules onto /lib of ext partition.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kernal killing xbmc task on 256 board0