Main Movie Folder
I just installed the XBMC... I really like the looks of the application.. From a user stand point the one thing that turns me off right away is having to navigate to the following files to start the movie: index.bdmv, Video_TS.IFO . If you could associate them to the parent movie folder and make the movie folder clickable to launch the movie, I would scrap windows media center in a heart beat. I know to navigate to the files to launch the movies but for user friendliness the parent folder should be associated with those files. I have this setup for ease of access by my children and having them navigate through video folder structures to launch a movie it a big turn off.
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
If this is a Bluray disc, don't you have a "Play Disc" option on the home screen? If this is a Bluray rip, I'd think that adding that path to the library would do exactly what you want.

DVD rips work similar to your problem. In files mode, you have to manually locate the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. When added to the library, you simply play the selected movie (generally listed as the movie title).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main Movie Folder0