(Solved)XBMC.log can't be found on Android Touchpad
XBMC itself is running great on the Touchpad with CM9 FatnCreamy.
I am trying to debug ustvnow and Hulu. Hulu runs but only shows the commercials. I'm sure it is just a settings issue. I got ustvnow to show up but crashes when I try to open it. But without the debug log I can't find out what is wrong.

- I read the wiki, searched all paths that they mention. In all cases the temp and cache directories are not even there.
- Yes I have hidden directories showing.

If anyone is running XBMC on their touchpad please let me know if you can find the log file.
I also tried running XBMC Log Uploader and it crashes when I run it with a popup saying script fail: addon.py.

Thanks for any help
Ok it seems like it is due to the fact that I can't write to the /data directory so I doubt xbmc can either. The log is being written to /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log.
Any way to change the log directory?
Looks like I finally got it. Had to use proper file manager to allow root access and now it shows all the sub-directories under the /data folder. At least this will be here for anyone who encounters the same issue.
You can also use the debug log add-on to retrieve the log if you ever have issues finding the physical file. Android does seem to be the more tricky OS for log/userdata locations.
Yes I tried the add-on, XBMC Log uploader and would crash on start. Not sure why yet.
I suspect that to get to the xbmc.log on my nexus 7 I'll have to root it in order to get root-access. A bit extreme to get to a log I think =)
(2012-12-13, 04:25)commando_j Wrote: Yes I tried the add-on, XBMC Log uploader and would crash on start. Not sure why yet.

I'd ask for a debug log for that as well... but... yeah :D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Solved)XBMC.log can't be found on Android Touchpad0