XBMC 12 RC with 720p Hi10P
Good evening, i thinked i've solved my problems with the playback of Hi10P videos on my machine but i was wrong, so i do a little more testing.
First i try to disable speedstep on the cpu and forcing the cores speed to maximum, but nothing changed.
Then i've tried to reproduce the issue. After some tries i noticed that with videos with quick animation i got the issue.
As seen in the following screenshots:
screen1
screen2
screen3
screen4
The XBMC-CPU goes over 100%, one core goes to 100%, i got frame drops, but as confirmed from the task manager only one core is stuck.
I've looked at the xbmc.log too but i haven't noticed nothing strange, or to be more honest, nothing that seems strange to me.
I'm using an Ubuntu 12.10 + xfce, but i've tried XBMC in standalone mode without any improvement.
There is my cpuinfo too.

I've tried almost anything and i don't know what to try next.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Alessandro.
odd. An i3 should be able to handle those.
I know, in fact with the same hardware and a windows installation everything works fine.
And the hardware acceleration is installed and enabled in xbmc right?

libva or sna or whatever you use?

uNi
(2012-12-13, 13:40)uNiversal Wrote: And the hardware acceleration is installed and enabled in xbmc right?

libva or sna or whatever you use?

uNi

Hi10P is software decode only, since no hardware decoders exist for it. It's really silly that some release groups use it at all (mainly just anime groups), since it's only meant to be used in studio editing work.
Just checking obviously I know ziltch about this. but having read this http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/index.php/2...guide.html its seems rather experimental.

now I know two things more about Hi10p I dint know before anyway Wink

uNi
The strangest thing is thet using mplayer to open these Hi10P files the playback is smooth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12 RC with 720p Hi10P0