XBMC Frodo RC1 HD (MKV) Playback Issue
I have used XBMC on a Mac Mini with great success and decided to try it out on a windows machine. The computer is about 1.5 yrs old, 3.2GHz processor, 8gig ram, NVidia 570GTX. When I try to play back HD (MKV) video in XBMC either 720p or 1080p I get extreme jitter and no audio. When I say extreme jitter I mean 1sec playback 1 sec pause...so on, never improving or changing. Things I have tried to fix playback:

(1) enable/disable DXVA2
(2) enable/disable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
(3) enable/disable "Sync playback to display"

Only thing different vs my Mac Mini setup is that this computer output to 2 monitors running 1680x1050 as opposed to a TV at 1920x1080 and that the audio is not over HDMI but is Analog speakers.

HD videos play fine over my network via VLC and MPC-HC, additionally my drivers are up to date.

Any thoughts on what could cause this playback issue?
I played around some more and it has something to do with the audio output device I select. If I select one I get smooth playback and no audio on anything, if I select another I get smooth SD playback with Audio but no HD playback or HD audio.
I put it on another PC with HDMI Audio Output to a receiver and have the same issue when I change the audio to HDMI and select the output devices:

WASAPI: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
WASAPI: Digital Audio (HDMI)(High Definition Audio Device)
WASAPI: Digital Audio (S/PDIF)(High Definition Audio Device)
WASAPI: Headphones (High Definition Audio Device)
DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
DirectSound: Digital Audio (HDMI)(High Definition Audio Device)
DirectSound: Digital Audio (S/PDIF)(High Definition Audio Device)
DirectSound: Headphones (High Definition Audio Device)

For both Audio Output Device and Audio Pass-through I have selected WASAPI: AMD HDMI OUTPUT and I have audio and smooth video for SD and choppy video with no audio for HD/MKV sources. Do I need to select a different output devices, what the heck am I doing wrong?
Take a look at my thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo RC1 HD (MKV) Playback Issue0