• 1(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
Ever since Frodo b2 every movie that I have tried starts to stutter (like 1 frame p/s) at 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
When I restart playback and resume at the same spot all is fine. Pausing the movie and unpausing does not solve the problem.

I have tried several movies, and all movies tried show the same result. When I use Plex to play it is working fine. Using the same media source. (internal Fusion HD). I'm at a loss here to what I could try next to find out if it's just me and my little system or not Wink

I'm using a mac mini on mountain lion 10.8.2.

I'll post the log this evening when I am at home.

Thanks for the continuous development!
this should happen on 1 hour 8 mins and 2 secs when using 10.8.2 ... seems to be a typo somewhere *sorry i couldn't stand*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
*smiles* I know I know, it all sounds weird.
Imagine my surprise after finding out this myself. Exactly 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds.... Bizarre
post a debug log (wiki) if possible (put it on pastebin and link it here)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
ohh are you running the 64bit version of xbmc? If so try the 32bit version and see if it behaves the same (or vice versa).
I have the same issue with MrMario64.New mac mini 2012,Mac OS 10.8.2 and Xbmc Frodo beta 3 64bit
how odd
I noticed the same behavior when I play a movie, go back to the menu with movie still playing in the background, and start the same movie again. It would stutter immediately.
WHen I start a movie I also notice the the first few seconds it has some hiccups.
Perhaps I could filter out some extra's.

Found out something extra.
Because I started out fresh with Frodo (deleted user folder) I played with some options.
yesterday I switched off the option to adjust the playback rate to the refreshrate of the screen.
This fixed it for me.

I will keep posting and trying to push out some more details (and post a log)
would be interesting if its only for xbmc 64bit or also xbmc 32bit.
I will definitely test that as well, tonight is movie night (I hope) so I will play that with the 32 bit version.
32-bit or 64-bit makes no difference.
It's absolutely the "Adjust display refreshrate to match video" setting that triggers this.

here is the log
I start the same movie 3 times.
1st time, weird sounds from my speakers, stutters then all is ok and receiver sees DTS stream
2nd time same as first
3rd time, screen stutters and never stops, no sound coming from the speakers, no dts stream seen by receiver.

When I play a non DTS file I get "weird" humm like sounds on startup of a movie as well for a sec, then all goes fine.
When I deselect the display adjust setting, I never get weird humm like sounds or and hickups or stutter during playback.

Same problem,

Mac mini 2012 Frodo RC1 hdmi conected to reciever (thunderbolt to thunderbolt display)
using XBMC on second display only. I have it after 45 min
Does setting the refreshrate switching delay to some higher value change the behaviour?
I will have to see what that setting does to the "1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds" case, but the other problems like "humming for 1 sec" and stutters at the beginning of playback remain, they are just delayed by the time you enter there.

1 thing I noticed now about the 1 sec of humming at the beginning of playback (due to switching between analog and digital sound) is that when I select the internal output of the mac mini (internal speaker) I get all sounds through the internal speaker, but the humm is still heard over HDMI.

I will try a movie with the delay at 20 seconds and see what happens.
same here mac mini with ML, RC1. Every 47 minutes it happens.
It doesn't matter if content is HD(MKV), dvdrip or Streaming video.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2