Mac Mini Suspend Custom Key Map
Hi All

I am having some very frustrating Suspend/Sleep Issues with my Mac Mini and XBMC

Before i bore you with the details I wanted to confirm the correct action for my custom key map

Here is what I have:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f4>XBMC.Suspend()</f4>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Should XBMC.Suspend() do the job?

thanks
Yes, that should work. Although you can simply use:
Code:
<f4>Suspend</f4>

However, if you are having issues, you should back up to a more basic question: Do you see a Suspend option on your XBMC shutdown menu and does it actually suspend your system when you select it? If the answer is yes, then the next question is: Did you place the contents above in a file naned keyboard.xml in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory?
Thank artrafael. I have deliberately not bombarded the post with more information until I can confirm a few more things but yes the suspend from XBMC shutdown menu does work and the suspend in the keymaps also works. The problem is intermittent and I am trying to establish if its Harmony remote or XBMC/OSX related. I will report back asap after a bit more testing and a log

thanks!
I have just done a bit of testing and it seems I am getting mixed results:

Test 1 using Suspend from shutdown menu - screen flashes blank for a second and then back to xbmc. It looks like its attempting too to sleep. Here is log - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56812

Test 2 using a Harmony remote mapped to f4-Suspend KeyMap via Flirc. Pretty much the same result as test 1. Here is another log - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=56813

The annoying thing is its super intermittent. about an hour ago the shutdown-suspend menu was working and the remote was also working but only sometimes. Other times sleep initiates and the mac mini power light blinks to indicate its sleeping. Within 10 seconds, the Mini seems to wake itself up again.

Troubleshooting: I have turned off wake for network access and also disabled anything in OSX sharing centre except screensharing.
No other applications are running in the background. I have reset the PRAM

Setup
Frodo 12.2
Hardware: Mac Mini 2012
Remote: Harmony 900 with flirc receiver
Seems more like an overall suspend/sleep issue with OSX and XBMC than it does keymapping or your Harmony remote. I don't know anything about Macs, so I'll have to defer to others. In the meantime, you may want to use the SEARCH function on this subforum (Mac OS X Support) for the terms "suspend" or "sleep". There are a number of threads dealing with various Suspend/Sleep issues and there may be something there that may help you.
pull the flirc and see if suspend from the menu works reliable then. Might be the usb activity that wakes it up or prevents it from sleep at all.

Log tells me - Sleep is initialised and osx wakes up some secs later (no clue what woke it up - this is out of scope of xbmc).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz - Will give that a shot tonight
Flirc sometimes records "phantom" signals from random light sources, which should show up as a key press like all Flirc input.

I would check out the http://flirc.tv forums. They have a beta firmware that will help filter the phantom IR signals.
Thanks Ned. I had a look there this morning and noticed a few threads on phantom signals. My Flirc is right next to a LAN port on a NAS which is obviously always blinking. Also I installed the latest beta firmware on it so maybe more wise to roll back to an official release.

I will let you know.
Well it definitely looks like it its FLIRC related. I took the IR receiver out and tested suspend and everything worked fine. I then plugged in a standard keyboard and my suspend custom key map and that worked fine. then plugged FLIRC back in and the fun began again. I am going to burrow another computer to test this with just out of curiosity and report back but will also head over to the FLIRC forums too see what they say.

Thanks for your input guys
tape the flirc ir receiver to know if it is caused by ir rays ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Im going to give that a shot next Memphiz but first Flirc support have made a few suggestions that I will try out. Will report back and thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini Suspend Custom Key Map0