• 4(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
(2013-01-10, 05:56)davilla Wrote: are you all running ML 10.8.2 ?

I also have this freeze/stutter issue (1 hour, 2 minutes, 8 seconds) after installing Frodo RC1. I haven't tried RC2 or 3 yet, but thought I should post as my setup is slightly different and I am not running ML:

My specs are a MBP (pre-unibody), Core 2 Duo; OS X 10.6.8 (32-bit kernel); and Crystal HD card. I also run analog 5.1 audio through an external firewire audio device.

At first I thought it was something related to the CHD card, but after seeing this post I guess it is something more common to the mac platform instead..?

Haven't got debug logs at the moment, but will do this soon and post.
any fancy video playback options on. display refresh switching, video syncs ?

Yes, I was using Sync playback to display, adjust display refresh rate to match video, and audio clock a/v sync method.

But the stutter issue still occurs after 1hr 2 mins even if i disable these settings and use the video clock sync method.
I am in the luxury situation that I cannot reproduce the issue currently.
So I am now going over the settings and try to find the setting, or combination of them to trigger this effect
(2013-01-10, 07:45)davilla Wrote: any fancy video playback options on. display refresh switching, video syncs ?

I have tried with all the options off, also VDA, slowdown still happens at 1 hour and 2 minutes.

After reading joshe's post, it looks like it's not a Mountain Lion problem, and not a Mac Mini problem either?!
Does it happen on all media? or just media with specific formats like DTS sound?
(2013-01-10, 12:38)MrMario64 Wrote: Does it happen on all media? or just media with specific formats like DTS sound?

For me it happens with all videos.

It also happens when watching Live TV with the Tvheadend PVR addon.

PS. It also happens with the latest Plex Home Theater beta (but it's almost identical to the latest nightly XBMC Frodo release, so that's not surprising).
I've never seen this happen, but i mostly watch episodes where the length is shorter than this.
Here is my log file... In this case it happened between minutes 30-40. During this movie I rewinded several times...i wonder if this is why it occurred at an earlier time.

Hope this helps....

http://pastebin.com/2a9GTfaV

Yes I am running ML 10.8.2
This happens to me randomly but not always. I have all video options off except hardware acceleration.
Eureka! Found something interesting.
I remember that I changed the setting/system/audio output to 2.0 a few days ago. I could not reproduce it anymore.
Now I set it back to what is was before (5.1) and the first movie I got had the stutter at 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
(I always had it at 5.1 as I thought I had that, but I only learned last week it is not the case on passthrough, I have to set it at 2.0 as most I think)

So please check the speaker config you have and post it here

audio output: HDMI
Speaker config 2.0 (no stutter)
Speaker config 5.1 (stutter at 1 hour 2 minutes and 8 seconds)
Boost volume on downmix is off
Output to all speakers is off
Dolby Digital is on
DTS is on
Multichannel capable is off
Audio output device is HDMI
Play GUI only when playback stopped
(2013-01-11, 01:09)MrMario64 Wrote: Eureka! Found something interesting.
I remember that I changed the setting/system/audio output to 2.0 a few days ago. I could not reproduce it anymore.
Now I set it back to what is was before (5.1) and the first movie I got had the stutter at 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds.
(I always had it at 5.1 as I thought I had that, but I only learned last week it is not the case on passthrough, I have to set it at 2.0 as most I think)

So please check the speaker config you have and post it here

audio output: HDMI
Speaker config 2.0 (no stutter)
Output to all speakers is off
Dolby Digital is on
DTS is on
Play GUI only when playback stopped

Very interesting!

I'm using HDMI audio to a DTS/DD capable receiver.

My speaker config is 5.1 (as I thought that XBMC would try and do the downmixing if set to 2.0?).

Here is my current settings:

Audio output: HDMI
Speaker config 2.0 (will test!)
Output Stereo to all speakers is off
Dolby Digital is on
DTS is on
Play GUI never
I too have this problem in my case it happens when using any frodo build after about 40mins playing any movie file but it does not happen in eden playing same movie and using same settings so I think its a bug in the frodo builds. I have created logs files in both frodo and eden playing the same movie in frodo the movie freezes and starts stuttering after 46mins in eden it plays the movie with no problems at all i have posted the log files on rapidshare as they were too big for the free version of pastebin hopefully somebody clever on here can take a look and see why this could be happing

Raines44

http://rapidshare.com/files/142866679/frodo%20xbmc.log

http://rapidshare.com/files/1511523994/eden.xbmc.log
yes, no, maybe ?
It's solved for me using speaker config 2.0! no stutter at all!
But I guess that it shouldn't be this way, isn't it? Is this a bug to be fixed?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2