Custom Movie Set?
Sorry if this is an obvious question/answer, but how can I manually group a few movies into a set? For example, I would like to group all of my Christmas movies into a set so I dont see them all when scrolling through my movies for the rest of the year.

With the only movie sets add on you could do this but now its all integrated I am not sure the best way to complete this in this skin?

Thanks
Add the "set" to your nfo

For example if you want to add a movie to a set called "Avengers" then add this line to the movie nfo <set>Avengers</set>, and just add that same line to all of the nfos for the movies you want in the set, and then refresh them in your library and they will be added to that set.
Thanks.

If I create a nfo with this in it, will it still scrape the other data from MovieDB/IMDB, or am I able to put an IMDB link and the <set> tag?
you can export the current nfo file from xbmc to your movie folders and then modify them. Then for each of the movies you have modified, do a refresh in xbmc or removed them from the library, clean library, and rescan so it adds them using your nfo file

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2012-12-13, 19:47)ninian Wrote: or am I able to put an IMDB link and the <set> tag?

Yes, you can do just that.
I am trying to add my daughters' Barbie movies to a movie set so I don't have to scroll through them all when looking for other movies. There are about 15 of these Barbie movies. I have modified the .NFO files by adding the <set>Barbie</set> line after the <title> tag.

After removing them from the XBMC library, I clean the library and rescan. They still show up as a list of 15 in my movies. What step am I missing?

I do NOT have XBMC configured to group movies in sets as I don't care to group other movies in sets. I just want these 15 Barbie movies in their own sets.

What step am I missing?

Rob
You need to set XBMC to group movies, it's all or nothing I'm afraid.
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Wow, thanks for the quick reply!

So could I set XBMC to group movies and then modify the .NFO files for those movies I DON"T wish to group together by modifying the <set> line? Or would some movies automatically be grouped together like the Back to the Future and the Die Hard Collection regardless of the <set> line being present in the .NFO file?

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Movie Set?0