Bug [Windows] Trouble starting some videos from "Recently added"
My sister's laptop (WinXP Pro SP3 32bit) is unable to play videos from the Recently added widgets-- both TV and Movies-- in default Confluence (I haven't tried other skins). This occurs with ALL videos shared (via standard Windows file share) from a WinXP Home SP3 32bit machine. However, those same videos open and play normally when I navigate to them in Library or Files mode.

There is a Win7 Pro 64bit machine on this network that has no problem starting videos from this share via the Recently added widgets. And, oddly, videos shared from the Win7 machine CAN be played on the XP laptop from Recently added.

Her laptop is currently running XBMCSetup-20121210-baaa51c. Apparently this little bug(?) has been present on all the Frodo alphas and betas she's ran through the year, although I'm just now finding out about it. Undecided

Here's a complete log from her laptop where I tried to play a few videos from the troublesome share via "Recently added": http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20946

Any help figuring this out is appreciated. Perhaps it's an XP system settings issue rather than an XBMC bug?
One bump in case my edits helped clarify the issue. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Trouble starting some videos from "Recently added"0