Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC RC1 - Low Frame Rates in certain Menus?
(2012-12-21, 11:06)Big_Noid Wrote: Are you using a textures.xbt? That is probably the difference between 3.6.1/Xpererience1080 and 4.0 from github.

Excuse me for being a noob, but I have no idea actually Wink How can I check this for you?
Same issue here, windows RC1, AMD gpu and i5 cpu. i reverted back to a 23-11-2012 version to avoid this. true fullscreen helps a bit but the issue is still there.
(2012-12-21, 11:34)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 11:06)Big_Noid Wrote: Are you using a textures.xbt? That is probably the difference between 3.6.1/Xpererience1080 and 4.0 from github.

Excuse me for being a noob, but I have no idea actually Wink How can I check this for you?

If you dont know what it is, then you dont have one as 4.0 doesnt provide one automatically from github, whereas 3.6.1 from the repo does.
Download this. Unpack the files in skin.aeon.nox folder and run textures.cmd to create a textures.xbt.
(2012-12-21, 11:52)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 11:34)mikkelnl Wrote:

If you dont know what it is, then you dont have one as 4.0 doesnt provide one automatically from github, whereas 3.6.1 from the repo does.
Download this. Unpack the files in skin.aeon.nox folder and run textures.cmd to create a textures.xbt.

OK, I'll try... any idea how to run a .cmd file in OpenELEC via ssh maybe?
I'll put a link up on github.
(2012-12-21, 12:12)Big_Noid Wrote: I'll put a link up on github.

Awesome, I think this might be the 'fix' Smile Can't wait to try it Smile
Seems github has deprecated downloads. Google code still works though:

Default textures

Square theme

Place in media folder in skin.aeon.nox folder.
(2012-12-21, 12:29)Big_Noid Wrote: Seems github has deprecated downloads. Google code still works though:

Default textures

Square theme

Place in media folder in skin.aeon.nox folder.

Problem solved! Smile Seems to run smooth now, cool! Thanks!

I'll try other viewtypes, but main menu with widgets is fine now!
Hi

I have problems with default font (Hungarian language). Character "Á" is not displaying correctly. The accent is under the letter.
No problem with "ubuntu" font.

(2012-12-21, 14:56)lash78 Wrote: Hi

I have problems with default font (Hungarian language). Character "Á" is not displaying correctly. The accent is under the letter.
No problem with "ubuntu" font.

I think you're posting in the wrong thread Wink
Yes, i posted to the wrong thread. Sorry. I can't delete it. Smile
(2012-12-21, 11:06)Big_Noid Wrote: We have looked at dirty regions and improved it where necessary, but some design decisions were made that make redraw of the screen in certain places necessary. The orange band is an effect on the floor that gives contrast and a glow effect. We do not intent to make this version of the skin fully dirty regions free.
I doubt the dirty regions redraw is causing your fps drop though as none of us can reproduce it and I dont think this is a skin issue. We have taken customization in Nox to such a point that comparing to other skins is rather pointless. Customization means more code, more code means more resources being used. More resources means any problems you have are being magnified in this skin. I still have very low cpu usage though with this skin, around 7 to 8% when idle and full 60 fps everywhere, only dropping to 45 when changing windows.
That being said, in your case I would try to disable Aero first, then to toggle the true fullscreen setting.
(2012-12-21, 10:52)mikkelnl Wrote: I'm using OpenELEC, and have these issues described above. I believe had the same issues when 3.5/3.6 was in development by the way - not sure though...

Again: 3.6.1. runs very smooth on my machine, so I guess there is something different between these versions that causes this - I really don't feel like it's the hardware being too low-end... I'm just guessing here, based on how smooth 3.6.1 and Xperience1080 run... Wink

Are you using a textures.xbt? That is probably the difference between 3.6.1/Xpererience1080 and 4.0 from github.

It seems like you may have been offended by the Xperience1080 comparison, so I apologize. That was not my intention.

Some interesting thoughts, though. I will note that I don't really care what's going on with the dirty regions as long as I get a decent framerate, it just looked like a pretty good theory about why it's not working. I hadn't noticed any issues like this on the same machine with the 3.x Nox series even on the Frodo betas, which is why it seemed to me like a skin issue. I also have very low CPU usage, about the same as you with 7-8%, as you can see in the screenshots.

In any case, I'm just looking for ideas on what to try at this point. I already run in true fullscreen mode and Windows 8 doesn't have Aero, but I'll see if I can tweak some performance settings. From what you've said it sounds like I don't have textures.xbt since I installed from Github, so I'll give that a shot too if it applies to Windows.
(2012-12-21, 14:56)lash78 Wrote: I have problems with default font (Hungarian language). Character "Á" is not displaying correctly. The accent is under the letter.

This issue should be fixed now, try a new git pull.

If you are having low framerate just turn of the freakin debuginfo where you see the framerate.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-12-21, 23:09)Martijn Wrote: If you are having low framerate just turn of the freakin debuginfo where you see the framerate.

I'm not sure I understand what this accomplishes. I was seeing choppy animation when navigating the Shift and Wall views (the rest seem fine). To help diagnose what was going on I enabled the debug view to investigate and found that the framerate on the Shift and Wall views is around 30fps even at idle, while all the views that animate smoothly run at a solid 60fps.

Perhaps you're under the impression the problem only exists when debug mode is on? That's not the case, unfortunately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC RC1 - Low Frame Rates in certain Menus?0