Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC RC1 - Low Frame Rates in certain Menus?
(2012-12-21, 12:38)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 12:29)Big_Noid Wrote: Seems github has deprecated downloads. Google code still works though:

Default textures

Square theme

Place in media folder in skin.aeon.nox folder.

Problem solved! Smile Seems to run smooth now, cool! Thanks!

I'll try other viewtypes, but main menu with widgets is fine now!

Do i have to delete whats all ready in the media folder, so that its just the 2 .xbt file sin there?

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
(2012-12-22, 23:25)matt77303 Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 12:38)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 12:29)Big_Noid Wrote: Seems github has deprecated downloads. Google code still works though:

Default textures

Square theme

Place in media folder in skin.aeon.nox folder.

Problem solved! Smile Seems to run smooth now, cool! Thanks!

I'll try other viewtypes, but main menu with widgets is fine now!

Do i have to delete whats all ready in the media folder, so that its just the 2 .xbt file sin there?

Matt

I didn't Wink
I was able to give the textures.xbt file a try on my machine yesterday, but didn't have any luck. Same behavior.

Something big_noid said about it being a glow effect on the floor that was causing the redrawing got me thinking. I went through the code to try to comment it out and saw that the floor's animation is actually completely disabled when you turn off the glow effect. No need to tinker with the code.

I turned off the glow effect and I now get a solid 60fps everywhere, except when switching between major screens, just like phil65's setup. The orange redraw band on those views is now gone.

So at least in my case, the redrawing even at idle that's occurring in that orange band on the Shift and Wall views is actually the source of the problem.
i tried the latest git and textures.xbt but the issue remains. where is the "glow" setting? do i need to modify code to disable it?
(2012-12-29, 14:37)Louike Wrote: i tried the latest git and textures.xbt but the issue remains. where is the "glow" setting? do i need to modify code to disable it?

System -> Skin -> Customizers -> Set area color for Home window -> Glow mode -> Off
I think it's a global setting.
(2012-12-23, 06:38)gizmotoy Wrote: I was able to give the textures.xbt file a try on my machine yesterday, but didn't have any luck. Same behavior.

Something big_noid said about it being a glow effect on the floor that was causing the redrawing got me thinking. I went through the code to try to comment it out and saw that the floor's animation is actually completely disabled when you turn off the glow effect. No need to tinker with the code.

I turned off the glow effect and I now get a solid 60fps everywhere, except when switching between major screens, just like phil65's setup. The orange redraw band on those views is now gone.

So at least in my case, the redrawing even at idle that's occurring in that orange band on the Shift and Wall views is actually the source of the problem.

Thanks for this! I disabled glow and now I'm getting about 5 fps higher, and almost 60 fps all of the time. Also it seems navigating between menus and scrolling/loading art in tv/movies seems smoother. To be honest I don't even really notice a visual difference with it turned off but performance seems to be better.

I ended up fixing my issue with this by re-installing windows i actually upgraded to windows 8 it is now running fine (so far at least)
(2012-12-30, 02:49)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 06:38)gizmotoy Wrote: I was able to give the textures.xbt file a try on my machine yesterday, but didn't have any luck. Same behavior.

Thanks for this! I disabled glow and now I'm getting about 5 fps higher, and almost 60 fps all of the time. Also it seems navigating between menus and scrolling/loading art in tv/movies seems smoother. To be honest I don't even really notice a visual difference with it turned off but performance seems to be better.

The visual change is pretty subtle. Certainly not noticeable enough to warrant the huge impact it has for me on usability on smoothness on Nox 4.0/Frodo. If it was an option to have it enabled and still operate smoothly that'd be excellent, but Big_Noid was pretty clear earlier in the thread that despite the number of people having the problem they don't consider it a skin issue. My only hope is that it's a general Frodo issue that's eventually resolved, but it's not like you can file a bug report against the Frodo base: XBMC contributors would reject a problem with only one skin as being a skin issue, not an XBMC issue. Therefore I wouldn't expect a fix, so disabling Glow is a decent workaround.

If it's a system issue, I'm not sure what it could be. I've observed this on two separate Windows 8 machines with different processors and GPUs, both with the latest drivers. I actually upgraded to a new machine thinking the processor/video card werent powerful enough, only to have the exact same issue on the beefier hardware. Both used clean installs with nothing but the latest drivers and XBMC installed, so there's not much room for weirdness.

In any case, I'm going to play with manually disabling subsets of the glow effect to see if it's one specific object that's causing it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully this weekend. I'll let you know if I find anything.

(2012-12-30, 14:11)protocol77 Wrote: I ended up fixing my issue with this by re-installing windows i actually upgraded to windows 8 it is now running fine (so far at least)

That's interesting. What hardware are you using? I'm on Windows 8 and still having the issue, so if you have any idea what else may have changed let us know!
the textures, true fullscreen and disable glow were indeed performance gains but the main issue remained for me. Only until after i deleted guisettings.xml, and installed nox to a different directory, the issue was solved for me.

(2013-01-03, 13:34)Louike Wrote: the textures, true fullscreen and disable glow were indeed performance gains but the main issue remained for me. Only until after i deleted guisettings.xml, and installed nox to a different directory, the issue was solved for me.

I'll add this to the list of things to try this weekend. Were you able to re-enable glow after doing this? I know my Nox install directory is something like Aeon Nox - Master since I installed from a zip file instead of the skin.aeon_nox format typically used by repos. Not sure what's in the guisettings.xml, though.
dont know if this helps anyone but i had this exact problem. fixed it by disabling extra fanart in the background customizer mana, runs solid 60 fps now
I have very similar issues, and posted about them here yesterday. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work smoothly.

Does anyone happen to have the same problems in the main menu when disabling the RSS feed? If I put the FPS counter on, and disable RSS, the FPS will drop to anywhere between 25-45 fps while idle on any selection on the main menu. Then if changing selection during 3+ second idle, it will "stutter" onto the next one. If I move from one selection to the next quickly the FPS will stabilize and will change selections very smoothly. The odd thing here is that on my desktop PC the FPS will still drop, but I won't get that same "stutter" that I do on my HTPC.

When you guys say that it's locked at 60fps... is it completely locked with no variation at all? (exactly 60.0 or 59.9 fps while navigating wall views?)

Desktop = i7 2600, nvidia 560ti, 8GB ram, SSD. Windows 8 x64. Library on local hard drives.
HTPC = i5 3570k, nvidia gt630, 8GB ram, SSD. Windows 8 x64. Accessing library through SMB from desktop. No path substitution whatsoever.

Dirty_regions (wiki)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-10, 16:06)Martijn Wrote: Dirty_regions (wiki)

Unfortunately enabling any level of dirty regions does not help this problem at all.
For what its worth, I did some testing, and in wall info view for my movies if I have DVD/BLU-Ray cases enabled, I get 30 FPS, its the only page I dont get 60 or close to 60 on, but if I switch to clear cases, I get 45-50+ FPS and no cases I get close to 60 FPS, so I think the DVD/Blu-Ray cases have allot to do with it if you have them enabled. For me its worth the hit so I can quickly ID blu-ray from dvd. Maybe try reducing the size of the cases may help.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC RC1 - Low Frame Rates in certain Menus?0