Duplicates of same channel
Question 
I am using Mythtv pvr with Frodo RC1. My mythtv backend has multiples of the same channel. e.g. I have channel4 6 times due to multiple tuners etc. In Mythtv frontend the duplicate channels are merged into one as I have given them all the same channel number however xbmc shows each instance of the channel. In the guide or live tv I have channel 4 shown 6 times. I have this for a lot of channels.

Is there an option so xbmc only shows one of each channel number?
I've heard about this problem already but I'm not able to reproduce it due to the lack of multiple tuners.

We could modify the mythtv addon so that it filters the duplicate channels.
But I'm not sure if Live TV would then still work correctly.

Can you please check what happens if you start Live TV on a duplicate while having a recording running on this tuner.
Do you automatically get LiveTV running on another tuner or do you just get an error message. Also how does MythFrontend behave?

Br,
Christian
I set up a recording on one tuner then tried each of the 6 instances of the same channel and they all worked. It looks like they are not linked to a tuner.
I have noticed that only one of the duplicate channels have the channel icon, the others are blank.

MythFrontend for live tv only shows each channel once.
It's not the number of tuners that creates duplicate channels, it's the number of video sources. I'm running with a HD Homerun and an HD Homerun Prime connected both to Verizon FIOS. The Prime can get encrypted channels, the other just gets clear QAM. So I have overlap where both can get the clear QAM stations (NBC, CBS, PBS, etc). So long as the xmltvid matches between the channels for both video sources, the EPG for mythtv merges them into a common channel. But XBMC sees them as two channels and displays them separately.

It's more of a WAF issue, a cosmetic one, rather than a functional one, as far as I see.
I've now pushed the code could that combines the channels to our development repository: github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons
Feel free to build the addon from there and test it if you like :-)

Cheers,
Christian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicates of same channel0