• 5(current)
[RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin
I have now been using HD Trailers for some days in combination with your Trakt.tv List Manager. In fact, this was my main aim, to be able to stay always in XBMC on my aTV, but still view latest movies coming out, and save them to a list for later action. So far this is working out very well, thank you Smile

What I am finding though is that with so many movies, and also with updated clips & trailers being added, (especially for some movies which may not be actually released for several more months), it becomes hard to remember what has been added to Trakt.tv and what has not.

Is it possible to have some sort of indication next to each movie to show it has already been added? Maybe like the watched 'tick', but instead a letter 'T', or maybe even a small Trakt.tv logo icon?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I like the idea, but this isn't doable (in a good way).
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
That is a pity. Is the problem to do with the need to communicate with the Trakt.tv List Manager AddOn and monitor that list?

What about instead of actually checking the Trakt.tv List, maybe when you use the Add to Trakt.tv function (or Add to CouchPotato for that matter), some type of check mark is placed against the movie in HD Trailers? That would keep the functionality entirely within the HD Trailers AddOn.

Maybe that could be doable? Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
@sphere: did you have any thoughts about whether a simpler check mark integration is possible, like mentoned above?

I think it would be a great addition to your AddOn Smile
Yes.

I see a few problems with your idea:
- HD-Trailers can technically receive no feedback from trakt.tv list manager if the task was successful (user could cancel or the task could fail).
- If user deletes movies from its list in the website or with the list manager, HD-Trailers can not know about.

In short: The communication via XBMC VFS-URLS is just unidirectional, but your idea needs bidirectional communication.

Another problem is, there is no possibility for an visual indicator (the "watched"-flag for example is set automatically by XBMC) - the only workaround would be appending chars to the movie-title or making it bold oder underline...
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-07-29, 23:00)sphere Wrote: Yes.

I see a few problems with your idea:

Big Grin Thats telling me Wink (its ok, it made me laugh)

Yes, its clear to me now that any bidrectional feedback is just not feasible.

I would be happy to settle for bold text of items in HD Trailers that have already been added to Trakt.tv or CouchPotato, if you are suggesting that this might possible (as it is in Trakt.tv)

EDIT: or appending characters if you think its better, then I guess there could be a T for Trakt, and a C for CouchPotato, or similar.

Smile
Hello I just installed this add-on for the first time, I was using 'The Trailers" but was getting addon.py script errors when launching it.

I don't seem to have this issue with HD Trailers when its first launched / opened. However if I click OK on a movie it then lists the various trailers etc you can select to play. If at this point I press INFO on the remote control I get the same message error addon.py.

I have a couple of questions as well, should I be able to use a network SMB:// path in the download path setting or does it need to be a local path on the XBMC PC ?

I take it there is no synopsis description shown for each movie?

Many thanks for your add-on and your time!
Interestingly if I change the setting in HD Trailers - Content-Type (Skin Related) from the default of VIDEOS to MOVIES then every time I then launch the HD Trailers add-on I get the error addon.py every time like I was with "The Trailers" addon. I've set this setting back to VIDEOS.

So I assume you have tried to address this problem somewhat with the inclusion of this setting.

Also there doesn't appear to be as many trailers to watch as there is in The Trailers addon.

Thanks

Here is a debug log file, when I press INFO button on a trailer it comes up with script error addon.py

I am using the Aeon MQ5 skin and have extrafanart enabled in my movie library, this also seemed to be related to the same error in "The Trailers" add-on.

I think I also got the same error when trying out the Apple iTunes Trailers addon previously in the past, which I am going to install again now.

Thank you.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89259
I'm getting the same addon.py error when launching the Apple iTunes Trailers add-on. Please see debug log for that as I believe you developed both these addons?

If I turn off in the Aeon MQ5 movie library the option to use extrafanart and set it back to default fanart, now when I launch the Apple iTunes Trailers addon I no longer get the addon.py error. So its something related to this setting in the skin and all three of these trailer addons.

Out of the three add-ons I think I would prefer to use the Apple iTunes Trailers addon. Can you please add an option to this for Content-Type (Skin Related) like in the HD Trailers addon.

Many thanks

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89267
I seem to have an error now. When I try to add a movie to Trakt.tv via the the menu I get the list of movies like normal, and I can select the correct one, but after I get an error message that says:

"no list found with this slug"

Huh
(2014-02-07, 23:25)jmh2002 Wrote: I seem to have an error now. When I try to add a movie to Trakt.tv via the the menu I get the list of movies like normal, and I can select the correct one, but after I get an error message that says:

"no list found with this slug"

Huh

Thats not a HD-Trailers.net related problem, its related to the Trakt.TV List Manager add-on.
But anyway, it seems that you set a default list in the add-on settings and that this list does not exist anymore. Please have a look to your Trakt.TV List manager add-on settings.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks for the pointer, I had changed the name of the list directly on the Trakt.TV website a while ago and this change was not reflected onto my XBMC devices. I have fixed each device individually now Smile
i cant seem to install this programm, it wont download and intsall......
Is there a Gotham compatible version of this addon..? Any other trailers addon tht anyone can recommend. Cheers !
Is this plugin still in developed? I really like it! but i think it would be very nice to have a search function.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HD-Trailers.net Video Plugin1