• 1(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
First of all this is a great site for Asian drama. a lot of the videos have 720p quality plus they have subtitles is many language. Again if you haven't done so already install my repo below and install viki addon. You can select which language all your subs will load in, if the video you are watching has no sub in the language you choose then it will default to English. this is an initial release so hopefully I got all the bugs.

https://bitbucket.org/dknlght/dk-xbmc-re...paddon.zip
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
Awesome! Thanks. 720p looks great

I see that you offer your update to the DramaCrazy addon here too. That fixed it for me. Works great now. You should let AJ know you can take over it's maintenance.

Might as well throw in a request. Can make a addon for azdrama.net?
(2012-12-17, 03:27)206bruce Wrote: Awesome! Thanks. 720p looks great

I see that you offer your update to the DramaCrazy addon here too. That fixed it for me. Works great now. You should let AJ know you can take over it's maintenance.

Might as well throw in a request. Can make a addon for azdrama.net?

actually that is probably my next addon because my friend already asked me to create it as well.
(2012-12-17, 06:49)dknlght Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 03:27)206bruce Wrote: Might as well throw in a request. Can you make an addon for azdrama.net?

actually that is probably my next addon because my friend already asked me to create it as well.

Surprise there aren't more request for it. It's a good site for hong kong drama. I'll rep you once it's done. I can't now anyways. Probably because I'd just registered today.
nice! i been working on a viki addon also
(2012-12-17, 22:35)jlim0930 Wrote: nice! i been working on a viki addon also

actually I thought you might be. I don't like to create addons that already exist so I searched around first. I saw some of your post and I was going to wait for your addon instead but I wasn't sure if you were still doing it plus I got tired of switching to the pc when viewing viki lol
cool! i have 2 versions that i havnt released yet

first version used xbmcswift2 framework but i stopped it since it did not support subtitles

2nd version i did not use any framework and it works with subtitles.

both versions followed the api from viki.com

i'll do some more clean up and release it soon
Thank you for your hard work. I downloaded the zip file a few days earlier and it works fine. However, I tried installing it on another ATV2 and the plugin doesn't show any option for a video add on. It's just a blank icon and blank directory.

(2012-12-23, 01:20)grebit2 Wrote: Thank you for your hard work. I downloaded the zip file a few days earlier and it works fine. However, I tried installing it on another ATV2 and the plugin doesn't show any option for a video add on. It's just a blank icon and blank directory.

I get that sometimes with other repo as well when the apple tv2 has problems connecting to repo source. This works for me most of the time. First make sure that it can connect to the internet make sure other addons work then in system--> settings--> add-ons-->get add-ons --> select my repo press and hold the menu button to bring the context menu then choose force refresh. Then actually select a different repo and go into their video sections to see if any addons are listed. It should take awhile for anything to show up for the other repo as well. Then afterwards select my repo again it should show the video addons
I made an update to the add-on today. it seems that I didn't account for the videos that are not hosted on viki but are just translated on viki. it seems that viki.com still has the old series that people use to link from youtube and dailymotion and such but for some reason they're are not accessible through the menu items. You actually have to do a search to see the series. For example if you go under TV shows and filter by country and choose Taiwan it only shows 4 shows but if you search for a particular Taiwanese show like "calling for love" it will show. Well long story short you should now be able to view these videos and their subtitle as well.
(2012-12-23, 02:28)dknlght Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 01:20)grebit2 Wrote: Thank you for your hard work. I downloaded the zip file a few days earlier and it works fine. However, I tried installing it on another ATV2 and the plugin doesn't show any option for a video add on. It's just a blank icon and blank directory.

I get that sometimes with other repo as well when the apple tv2 has problems connecting to repo source. This works for me most of the time. First make sure that it can connect to the internet make sure other addons work then in system--> settings--> add-ons-->get add-ons --> select my repo press and hold the menu button to bring the context menu then choose force refresh. Then actually select a different repo and go into their video sections to see if any addons are listed. It should take awhile for anything to show up for the other repo as well. Then afterwards select my repo again it should show the video addons

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work. I can see the video add ons for other repositories with the exception of yours and AJ addons. Perhaps they are linked?
(2012-12-23, 16:29)grebit2 Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 02:28)dknlght Wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your suggestion and it still doesn't work. I can see the video add ons for other repositories with the exception of yours and AJ addons. Perhaps they are linked?

it's possible that we both require a script module that you didn't install on the atv. fyi I usually have this repo install along with mine http://dk-xbmc-repaddon.googlecode.com/f...-0.0.3.zip but I didn't mark any requirements for the repo so it should have shown you the addons but marked it broken if that was the case. try uninstalling my repo, reboot the apple tv, change the name of the zip file for my repo and install it again check the addon again. then check the xbmc.log to see if there's a dependency on another script or an error that occurred. Other than that I not sure what it could be.
(2012-12-23, 18:44)dknlght Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 16:29)grebit2 Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 02:28)dknlght Wrote: I get that sometimes with other repo as well when the apple tv2 has problems connecting to repo source. This works for me most of the time. First make sure that it can connect to the internet make sure other addons work then in system--> settings--> add-ons-->get add-ons --> select my repo press and hold the menu button to bring the context menu then choose force refresh. Then actually select a different repo and go into their video sections to see if any addons are listed. It should take awhile for anything to show up for the other repo as well. Then afterwards select my repo again it should show the video addons

it's possible that we both require a script module that you didn't install on the atv. fyi I usually have this repo install along with mine http://dk-xbmc-repaddon.googlecode.com/f...-0.0.3.zip but I didn't mark any requirements for the repo so it should have shown you the addons but marked it broken if that was the case. try uninstalling my repo, reboot the apple tv, change the name of the zip file for my repo and install it again check the addon again. then check the xbmc.log to see if there's a dependency on another script or an error that occurred. Other than that I not sure what it could be.

I tried your suggestions and it still doesn't work and I had that other repository (1channel) installed prior to installing your repository. Thank you anyway.
You are friggin awesome. Keep up the good work.
dknlght - You've asked me to check if Japanese drama series are available on Viki, and unfortunately, they don't exist, which is a bummer because the site streams Korean content really well with subtitle, in 720p to boot!

I just discovered van698.com and it has Japanese drama in addition to other Asian countries' dramas. Any possibility that you can put it on your to-do list? It does use qvod though, so that probably is challenging to resolve. The folks who look after the Chinese repository includes a qvod site that's similar to van698.com but it requires qvod player to be installed on windows/ios/...etc, qvod is unavailable for Apple TV users at this time.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4