"Problem" with BitChute Addon after upgrading from 18.7 to 19.4
Hi there!
I recently upgraded my Raspbian from legacy (Kodi 18.7) to the new 64bit branch on my Raspberry which at of this time uses Kodi 19.4.
The BitChute Addon (https://github.com/winsomehax/plugin.video.bitchute) upgraded as well and is working, the "problem" with it is, that in "feed", where my subscriptions are listed, just like with the YouTube plugin, it lists elements as "folders" instead of "items/video elements". I am not into Kodi coding, so excuse me if get some terms wrong. Anyhow, this results in, that the plugin does not play the next video, it just keeps looping the selected one.

So my question is, is this a problem of the plugin or can i adjust this in Kodi, say something like "list standard items als elements instead of as folder"?
The old plugin for Kodi Version 18 listed them as "video elements" and played one video after an other, just like it should, and just like the YouTube addon does also. The YouTube addon is working correctly, so i guess this is a plugin problem.
Anyone using Bitchute? I am thankful for any hint!
Cheers.
I've just read in the plugin's code:

menu.start_folder()
menu.new_folder_item(

So i guess thats the problem, the plugin creates "folder items". I wanted to get into plugin coding since some time, might be a good opportunity. I'll try to re-code that by myself. If someone has a good howto/starting tutorial on how to start writing plugins for Kodi it would be great. Thank You!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Problem" with BitChute Addon after upgrading from 18.7 to 19.40